Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Four years ago

We popped over to visit Uncle Roland and despite what Katie said he wasn’t particularly pleased to see us. 

Comments

• where did the term uncle Roland come from? I’ve read it on here lots but never understood the origin

im guessing it’s something to do with miere?
  • One banned lifer in the pan round.....
  • where did the term uncle Roland come from? I’ve read it on here lots but never understood the origin

I think so - the inference is that she was his 'niece'!
  • There I am. Half heartedly clapping to stay warm. Didn’t even go out for the second half (as you will remember, Ray). 
  • bobmunro said:
    where did the term uncle Roland come from? I’ve read it on here lots but never understood the origin

I think so - the inference is that she was his 'niece'!
    i think its because meire's parents were friends with duchatelet, and, that seems to be the only reason why she ever got the job.

His surname is actually Bulgaria but when he left The Wombles, he changed his surname by deed poll to the Belgian word for ‘moron’.

He kept the Uncle moniker though.
  • Macronate said:
    where did the term uncle Roland come from? I’ve read it on here lots but never understood the origin

His surname is actually Bulgaria but when he left The Wombles, he changed his surname by deed poll to the Belgian word for ‘moron’.

He kept the Uncle moniker though.
    I think you’ll find that his name is cockwomble 
  • That was a busy old time on Twitter 🤣🤣
  • Sponsored links:

• Addickted said:
    One banned lifer in the pan round.....
    I miss Pres. Being called a dinosaur despite being half his age because I didn't want Charlton to leave the Valley or support the Hundred competition. Also being told that i am part of the CL "inner circle" and that I have "disciples". Those were fun times!
  • @cantersaddick That reminds me, we still meeting tonight master?
  • LoOkOuT said:
    @cantersaddick That reminds me, we still meeting tonight master?
    As if you'd make the 12 disciples! ;) 
  • I was proud to be a part of that. 
  • Uboat said:
    There I am. Half heartedly clapping to stay warm. Didn’t even go out for the second half (as you will remember, Ray). 
    Did you buy into Roland's ideas of concourse entertainment?
  • I recall we marched to the stadium but the Police didn't let us get too close.
  • The President is very much still around. Quite often have Zoom calls with him and a few others during the games. 
  • SE7toSG3 said:
    I still have the agreement from the chief of St Truiden police allowing us to march if we behaved ourselves, my signature was as guarantor. The original route was to stop short of the bridge but we pushed within site of the canary bar. 

We got asked to leave at half time I think, ended up in the pub with @oohaahmortimer and @charltonnick before the former passed out and ended up at a kebab place around 3 as they served cans of jupiler. It was indeed a messy night. I certainly had a sore head the next day when we went and looked at Ypres before missing the ferry home! 

For those asking about Stu aka the pres, he was at the last ESI protest at the Valley so is still out there. Where have those 4 years gone!       
    I can confirm that Stu is very much still on the scene albeit not bending ears on this forum.

I was in the stadium that night but I couldn’t be arsed to watch the game. We stayed in the bar and had a drink with some of the police who supposed to be keeping an eye on us. At about 9.30pm they said that they had finished their shift so they knocked off. We then switched stands to get into the after match disco hoping Roland would put in an appearance so we could insult him in person. He disappointed us with his absence so we went onto the pitch for a team photo before getting some last orders at the Canary Bar.
  • Sponsored links:

• Croydon said:
    Uboat said:
    There I am. Half heartedly clapping to stay warm. Didn’t even go out for the second half (as you will remember, Ray). 
    Did you buy into Roland's ideas of concourse entertainment?
    Everything that was wrong about his ideas on football was on that concourse, I wish I’d videoed that. Dancing one end, two fellas watching the game on telly the other while teeshirted staff waited on tables. 🤷‍♂️
  • SE7toSG3 said:
    I still have the agreement from the chief of St Truiden police allowing us to march if we behaved ourselves, my signature was as guarantor. The original route was to stop short of the bridge but we pushed within site of the canary bar. 

We got asked to leave at half time I think, ended up in the pub with @oohaahmortimer and @charltonnick before the former passed out and ended up at a kebab place around 3 as they served cans of jupiler. It was indeed a messy night. I certainly had a sore head the next day when we went and looked at Ypres before missing the ferry home! 

For those asking about Stu aka the pres, he was at the last ESI protest at the Valley so is still out there. Where have those 4 years gone!       
    Didn’t some of them either join in the players warm down or at least have kick about on the pitch?
    Me too.

Also, regarding the “uncle” question.......I had heard that Duchatalet was her Godfather.......not sure if that’s true or not?
    Me too.

Also, regarding the “uncle” question.......I had heard that Duchatalet was her Godfather.......not sure if that’s true or not?
    DOH ! 

He was THE Godfather ( in his dreams !) !!!
    Me too.

@SoundAsa£ somehow managed to get one of the banners we had into the ground - hidden under his coat. Indeed, I think a steward actually assisted him to get up the stairs to the seats.

The sophisticated protestors ended up at the brewery of course.