Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

NFL 2021/22

Comments

• Chiefs are 21-0 when Hill scores a TD
    Yay for domestic abusers.
  • Jesus Christ that tackle on Hendrickson
  • I can't see the Bengals being competitive tbh. The NFC game could go either way.
  • Mahomes is just quality 14-3 Chiefs
  • AFC Championship game was last week wasn’t it.

Patrick Mahomes line with 5:04 left int he second quarter:

13/14 for 154 yards, 3 TDs, 152.1 rating.
  • Rothko said:
    AFC Championship game was last week wasn’t it.

Patrick Mahomes line with 5:04 left int he second quarter:

13/14 for 154 yards, 3 TDs, 152.1 rating.
    It was the Super Bowl.

Three back to back appearances for the Chiefs coming up. Something that the Patriots themselves only managed once: 2016-18.
  • So apparently the refs do know how to call fouls in the end zone.
  • Huge stop to end the half without giving up points.
  • Still like the Chiefs but that's a mistake by Mahomes. Should have kicked the field goal.
  • If there was no option in the end zone Mahomes should have thrown it away and then we had time for the 3 points. Throwing back to Hill let the clock run and we’ve come away with nothing.
    Otherwise a perfect first half for Mahomes
  • Sponsored links:

• Have never watched American football so thought I’d give it a go tonight, pretty easy to understand once you actually see it. 

How did you guys pick your teams that you follow? As I think I’d enjoy it more if I had a team to follow 
  • edited January 2022
    Have never watched American football so thought I’d give it a go tonight, pretty easy to understand once you actually see it. 

How did you guys pick your teams that you follow? As I think I’d enjoy it more if I had a team to follow 
    Do you have any kind of geographical link to the US at all? That could help you pick a team. Or do one of those “which team to follow” quizzes that are all over the internet.

Or pick one of the four teams left in this year’s competition so you have some interest in the games you are watching now.

Don’t shy away from picking a “bad” team. With the way the league works, this year’s worst teams could be top of the charts a few years from now.
  • Have never watched American football so thought I’d give it a go tonight, pretty easy to understand once you actually see it. 

I tried to get into it a few times and couldn’t. A mate said I’d get into it easier if I picked a team.

True story….picking a team from scratch - the last thing I wanted was to be called a glory hunter. So I looked at the standings from the last year and picked the team that was absolutely rock bottom.
    In 2012 the Kansas City Chiefs ranked 32nd of 32. So I picked them.

In 9 seasons we’ve had winning records in all 9. Made the playoffs in 8 and are looking to reach our 3rd Super Bowl in a row.

madness
  • Boston is my favourite American city, done one of the quizzes and got Arizona cardinals 

I went with the Chiefs as they play in the same colour as Charlton. This was back in 2008 where I think we ended the season 2-14. 

Also, The Chiefs have a great UK fan base which was a big help to get into the sport. 
  • edited January 2022
    Boston is my favourite American city, done one of the quizzes and got Arizona cardinals 
    Patriots would be your Boston team. Have the best head coach in the history of the league, rebuilding with a new quarterback after seeing Tom Brady move on.

Cardinals are decent atm, their quarterback is a lot of fun but they can’t shake off their choker reputation.
  • I was lucky enough to visit New Orleans many years ago, saw a game in the Superdome, and the Saints have been my team ever since. To be honest Baseball is my first love when it comes to American sports, but I love my NFL as well.
  • I love the film the Cincinnati Kid saw it a couple of weeks before the NFL was on tv for the first time. Saw the Bengals kit and it was an easy choice 
  • I don't really have one team I follow, I've got merchandise from 5 different teams. I quite like the Bills more than others but that was mostly just because I enjoyed Bills mafia videos on social media.

Probably going against the grain here but I feel the way the sport is shown that it is less important choosing a team. RedZone on sunday's during the regular season is amazing especially if you're just starting out.
  • Broncos for me, mid eighties when the NFL was first shown on Channel 4, the orange kit, Elway wearing 7 and the excitement around them, got me hooked 
  • Sponsored links:

• Like the way the refs are letting the game flow without throwing loads of flags, although they did miss that push out of bounds.
  • Raiders Redskins in 84 was first super bowl I watched and chose Raiders to cheer on as liked their logo. 

38 years of crap since though. 
  • @palarsehater if you absolutely have to choose a team it might be wise to focus on the AFC  given the standard of young talented QBs there.
  • This was from before the end of this season if you wanna pick a historically good bad or middling team. 

There is also a list of teams somewhere of who we all support - there are several teams that don’t have any support on this site. 
  • Back to the game, what was that call on 3rd and long???? Bengals will be lucky if they're not punished for that.
  • This is getting interesting now.
  • Dunno why I bother criticising coaches.
  • Got to love the NFL. Come on Bengals
  • Was a fan of Joe Montana. When he transferred from the niners to the Chiefs I followed. Montana retired a couple years later and I stayed with the chiefs.
    I have seen the Chiefs in a league game when they played at Wembley.