Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Old Contemptibles

Watson and Pearce.

Excellent tonight.

Comments

• Yep I criticised Watson for the deliberate handball but he immediately atoned for it.  

Good team performance.
  • A nice game for them to gain a bit of confidence. Pearce needs to play in a side that has a basic game plan and he can concentrate on his own game. Baresi he isn’t, but he will win headers and stick his foot in. We will see how he gets on against Oxford on Saturday.
  • Given the "quality" of the opposition it's probably a bit premature to say we finally found a system that definitely works. But we do seem to have found one that is worth further tries.

Watson still very much a disappointment on balance given his reputation but showed signs of what we hoped he'd be, so hopefully a corner been turned.
  • thenewbie said:
    Given the "quality" of the opposition it's probably a bit premature to say we finally found a system that definitely works. But we do seem to have found one that is worth further tries.

Watson still very much a disappointment on balance given his reputation but showed signs of what we hoped he'd be, so hopefully a corner been turned.
    I thought Watson was alright, certainly not the worst player, against Burton.  He is so much better in a 3 man midfield and I think he is better without Pratley. 
  • edited March 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    thenewbie said:
    Given the "quality" of the opposition it's probably a bit premature to say we finally found a system that definitely works. But we do seem to have found one that is worth further tries.

I thought Watson was alright, certainly not the worst player, against Burton.  He is so much better in a 3 man midfield and I think he is better without Pratley. 
    Not the worst perhaps but for me of all the signings we've made he's probably disappointed me the most in an "expectations Vs reality" sense. I concede perhaps that's unrealistic expectations on my part, but I still feel he could have been better than he has more often than not.

Though I agree that a three man midfield plays to his strengths a lot more - and if we never see him and Pratley in the same midfield ever again it will still be too soon.
  • I thought this was a thread about some of our senior lifers! 😉