Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

This Dressing in the lounge situation?

Has anything from the club been said about this?

I get its down to some Covid protocol but I just don’t understand it? The players spend all game in close proximity to the opposition. Just stagger the tunnel usage. 

Surely the players must have to go back down to the dressing room to shower after the game anyway?

Comments

• Options
    Probably let the away team use the home dressing room as well.
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    I told a mate who supports another team about this and he thought I was joking, then he said we are far too nice to our visitors. Why give up the feeling of being at home? It makes no sense.
    Yup
    always have been, we’re always seen as the nice friendly club, opposition roll up and feel right at home.
    Us to the visiting club “we will have to try and win for a bit, if that’s all right...”
  • Options
    Yeah I agree. It's bizarre 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Make the bloody opposition walk up and down the stairs. It's mad. Make them uncomfortable, don't help them out.

It reminds me of when we had that Norwegian opera singer sing You'll Never Walk Alone to gee up the Liverpool fans before the game. Too bloody nice to a fault.
  • Options
    The away team change in the media room and not either of the dressing rooms, not that it makes too much difference re. the use of the tunnel
  • Options
    MattF said:
    The away team change in the media room and not either of the dressing rooms, not that it makes too much difference re. the use of the tunnel
    If so, why can't they walk in through the lower north?
  • Options
    Nice but dim. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    It feels like a box ticking exercise from the Sport

Chief: "I know lets have the players in different areas and come on the pitch at the same time"

Dogsbody: "Great idea chief, I suppose we'll make one team wait on the pitch at half-time and full-time whilst the other leaves the pitch?"

Chief: "Nah thats seems a bit over the top, dont need to do that"

Dogsbody: "But what about the social distancing, whats the point of doing it at the start of the game and not at other times?"

Chief: "Shut up Dogsbody, we have to SHOW we're doing the right thing"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry, I missed this. Are we not getting changed in the dressing room...??  If so, how long has this been going on ??

I just assumed that due to Covid protocols the players were just entering the pitch via another route.
  • Options
    I think they addressed this on Charlton Live a few weeks back, half of our players use the home dressing room and the other half use the executive loungues. The away team have half in the away dressing room and half in the media centre. Due to covid protocols they can't get the full team in the dressing rooms for team talks so that's why bowyers opted for us to use the exec lounge cause everyone can sit in there for the pre match team talk. I might be wrong so feel free to correct me. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Make the opposition get ready in the worst toilets in the ground. Only give them freezing cold or boiling hot water. Replace sugar for their tea with salt. Put salt in their drinking water. Break the toilets - no door, broken flush, no seat. Flood the floor with sewage. Turn the heating up to maximum. Put on music that will send them to sleep.

Need any edge we can get at the moment.
    Or get bowyer to give them their team talk? That should confuse them enough not to score against us 
  • Options
    I never dress in the lounge
  • Options
    And there was I thinking that we could put our abysmal home form down to spoiling our opposition by giving them superior accommodation. 
  • Options
    I think they addressed this on Charlton Live a few weeks back, half of our players use the home dressing room and the other half use the executive loungues. The away team have half in the away dressing room and half in the media centre. Due to covid protocols they can't get the full team in the dressing rooms for team talks so that's why bowyers opted for us to use the exec lounge cause everyone can sit in there for the pre match team talk. I might be wrong so feel free to correct me. 
    Neither dressing rooms are used pre-match, only post-match for players to use showers in shifts.
    We use the Millennium Lounge which is large enough for all players and staff to change and provides additional room for pre-match meetings etc...
    The visiting team changes in the press room which is much smaller than the Millennium lounge.
    This is the same sort of thing that is happening at pretty much every other ground. Earlier in the season, there were one or two clubs who squeezed us into the usual dressing rooms which were far too small and went against the COVID protocols that all clubs should be following. Since the regular EFL testing returned a couple of months back, there has been a bit of a clampdown so other clubs are now falling in line as they should have been.

The only inconvenience really is having to walk down the stairs, but it’s a better option than the press room where, in any case, you’d have to walk through some corridors, through the coach park and down stairs in the tunnel to pitchside anyway.

Indirectly related...what were the changes at the Training Ground that LB (I think) referred to yesterday in an interview. Something if I recall correctly something  about  a building site / things happening that presumably are all positive?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So players spend 90 minutes in close contact with each other, probably rolling in each other's spit, but can't have a whole team in the same dressing room. Mental. 
  • Options
    I think it's bizzare we have rolled over and had our tummies tickled by sending the whole squad to the lounge and not the away team.

• Options
    Neither dressing rooms are used pre-match, only post-match for players to use showers in shifts.
    We use the Millennium Lounge which is large enough for all players and staff to change and provides additional room for pre-match meetings etc...
    The visiting team changes in the press room which is much smaller than the Millennium lounge.
    This is the same sort of thing that is happening at pretty much every other ground. Earlier in the season, there were one or two clubs who squeezed us into the usual dressing rooms which were far too small and went against the COVID protocols that all clubs should be following. Since the regular EFL testing returned a couple of months back, there has been a bit of a clampdown so other clubs are now falling in line as they should have been.

The only inconvenience really is having to walk down the stairs, but it’s a better option than the press room where, in any case, you’d have to walk through some corridors, through the coach park and down stairs in the tunnel to pitchside anyway.

Cheers for clarifying Olly, knew I'd have it wrong 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    So players spend 90 minutes in close contact with each other, probably rolling in each other's spit, but can't have a whole team in the same dressing room. Mental. 
    That Pratley sending off incident for example

It certainly adds a new dimension to sendings off, when instead of trudging up the tunnel, players instead have to climb the stairs of the West stand
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Talal said:

It certainly adds a new dimension to sendings off, when instead of trudging up the tunnel, players instead have to climb the stairs of the West stand
    Was it him sitting in the west stand, showered and changed, when Chuks got sent off?
  • Options
    Talal said:

Was it him sitting in the west stand, showered and changed, when Chuks got sent off?
    It looked like it
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    J BLOCK said:
    I think it's bizzare we have rolled over and had our tummies tickled by sending the whole squad to the lounge and not the away team.

So we should be using the smaller changing area which involves having to walk further to the pitch?
  • Options

Bugger, that was on my list of things that cpuld be changed to improve matters.
  • Options
    It’s akin to giving away seats in the home ends as the team were winning the league 
  • Options
    It’s akin to giving away seats in the home ends as the team were winning the league 
    Not if you read the thread it's not.