Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Did they do cardigans ?
  • With nice chunky football buttons?
  • edited February 2021
    If any of you lot are after a fancy tank top, or Starsky and Hutch wrap over cardy. I think Nancy and the girls, can still be found down the Millers in Bexley on a Friday night, post lockdown. 
  • Knitted Lives Matter
  • Sounds like a Victoria Wood sketch.......
  • Knitted Lives Matter
    Old news
  • This is spooky ... Nancy, the lady featured in the film, is my friends mum. She’s the Nancy of Nancy Vale who used to have their workshop at the back of the Greyhound in Eltham. My friend featured in some of the promotional literature. I’m sure @Henry Irving would look resplendent in one of the tank tops 

• Didn't realise Sidcup was at the heart of fashion.
  • Sponsored links:

• _MrDick said:
    This is spooky ... Nancy, the lady featured in the film, is my friends mum. She’s the Nancy of Nancy Vale who used to have their workshop at the back of the Greyhound in Eltham. My friend featured in some of the promotional literature. I’m sure @Henry Irving would look resplendent in one of the tank tops 

Your friend's first name wouldn't be Tony would it?
  • _MrDick said:
    This is spooky ... Nancy, the lady featured in the film, is my friends mum. She’s the Nancy of Nancy Vale who used to have their workshop at the back of the Greyhound in Eltham. My friend featured in some of the promotional literature. I’m sure @Henry Irving would look resplendent in one of the tank tops 

Yep ... Top rugby player back in the day
  • Didn't realise Sidcup was at the heart of fashion.
    Still is 

'They seek him here, they seek him there ....'

Don't recall it ever mentioning Sidcup!
  • _MrDick said:
    _MrDick said:

Indeed - he was about 4 years above me at Chis & Sid and I believe his sister was in my year although I thought her name was Nancy! 
  • _MrDick said:
    _MrDick said:

Indeed - he was about 4 years above me at Chis & Sid and I believe his sister was in my year although I thought her name was Nancy! 
    What years were you at Chis n Sid?
  • _MrDick said:
    _MrDick said:

What years were you at Chis n Sid?
    70-77
  • I was also at Chis and Sid 70-77. Nancy’s daughter was one of the 3 or 4 girls who joined in the sixth form. I seem to remember going to her 18th birthday party in an old DHSS office in Welling. 
  • edited February 2021
    I was also at Chis and Sid 70-77. Nancy’s daughter was one of the 3 or 4 girls who joined in the sixth form. I seem to remember going to her 18th birthday party in an old DHSS office in Welling. 
    I was at that party too (I seem to recall it was upstairs) and as were in the same year I must know you! One of the "three or four girls" that you mention was called Alison and I went out with her before she joined Chis & Sid from Beaverwood - we went to the same Church youth club.

Edit - I've just remembered that Nancy's daughter was called Jane
  • I was also at Chis and Sid 70-77. Nancy’s daughter was one of the 3 or 4 girls who joined in the sixth form. I seem to remember going to her 18th birthday party in an old DHSS office in Welling. 
    I was at that party too (I seem to recall it was upstairs) and as were in the same year I must know you! One of the "three or four girls" that you mention was called Alison and I went out with her before she joined Chis & Sid from Beaverwood - we went to the same Church youth club.
    What a life you have led! 😏😏😏
  • Sponsored links:

I could tell you a lot more. But it wouldn't be anywhere near as interesting! 
    Says the lad from Catford Boys......
  • Addickted said:
    I was also at Chis and Sid 70-77. Nancy’s daughter was one of the 3 or 4 girls who joined in the sixth form. I seem to remember going to her 18th birthday party in an old DHSS office in Welling. 
    Says the lad from Catford Boys......
    Meh!
  • Nice one _MrDick
    Nice one Henry