Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fleetwood v Charlton | Sat 20 Feb | 3pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• we are playing them at the right time, their form has gone backwards since Barton was sacked .. we should win this, but I am putting none of my hard earned on us doing so
    There is no right time for Charlton, whenever we play a team in shite form they seem to get  result. Shame this is one i would have love to have gone too, great away game and a nice ground, well the sports bar in it :) 

I cant see us winning , we are just so inconsistent right now and Fleetwood are/were a good side. 
  • we are playing them at the right time, their form has gone backwards since Barton was sacked .. we should win this, but I am putting none of my hard earned on us doing so
    There is no right time for Charlton, whenever we play a team in shite form they seem to get  result. Shame this is one i would have love to have gone too, great away game and a nice ground, well the sports bar in it :) 

I cant see us winning , we are just so inconsistent right now and Fleetwood are/were a good side. 
    To be fair their form is as patchy as ours, like Rochdale they have proven they can score but they're less leaky than Dale. 
  • In the absence of Aneke, I'd probably play Stockley up front with Millar and DJ in forward positions just behind him.
    Why?
    How do you see this working in practice (genuine question, just assume I'm thick)
    Surely that would sacrifice width and encourage them to float around hoping to win second balls from hoofs up to Stockley
    I think you have a bit more ability to play on the break away and these are the best combination to do this IMO. I think Washington and Schwartz are at risk of being carried at the moment. 
  • edited February 2021
    I am surprised not to see Gilbey in your team FA, he had 90 minutes the other day and LB said he has sorted his life out. I think he will replace JF-C, other than that, I have no idea as usual on team or score  :)
  • edited February 2021
    Let's be honest, we have become a soft touch. 

And without Chuks, we are much less likely to score.

Each performance seems entirely disconnected from the previous one, even when the team doesn't change.

2-0 defeat.

• Fleetwood 2 - Charlton 1
  • edited February 2021
    I feel that a midfield pairing of Pratley and Shinnie, flanked by two wingers in Millar and Jaiyesimi, will leave our shaky defence too exposed. I'd therefore prefer to see Morgan or Smith in a midfield three, with Jaiyesimi on the bench. We need to get some decent possession in the opposition's half and achieve some measure of control of the game - something we haven't managed very much this season.

I expect Jaiyesimi will be joined on the bench by Famewo unless Bowyer and the medical team feel he's got 90 minutes in him and that the risk of him breaking down is minimal.

Chuks is a big miss up top but, in terms of straws to clutch at, at least he'll be fresh for the visit of the mighty Burton on Tuesday. 
  • Unless we can start winning more games this season is going to meander into the distance, so who ever plays please get the job done, 0-1 Amos. 
  • Charlton to score.................Fleetwood to score more.
  • Sponsored links:

• No idea to be fair. We might win. We might lose. Don't think this will be a draw. Without the threat that Aneke poses defences, I think we will struggle to score. Would go with Schwartz with Stockley but he needs to deliver. Hoping for a win but no idea. Remember years ago when we would have laughed if someone said we would be in the same division as Fleetwood. It's where we are I guess. COYRs
  • Blucher said:
    I feel that a midfield pairing of Pratley and Shinnie, flanked by two wingers in Millar and Jaiyesimi, will leave our shaky defence too exposed. I'd therefore prefer to see Morgan or Smith in a midfield three, with Jaiyesimi on the bench. We need to get some decent possession in the opposition's half and achieve some measure of control of the game - something we haven't managed very much this season.

I expect Jaiyesimi will be joined on the bench by Famewo unless Bowyer and the medical team feel he's got 90 minutes in him and that the risk of him breaking down are minimal.

Chuks is a big miss up top but, in terms of straws to clutch at, at least he'll be fresh for the visit of the mighty Burton on Tuesday. 
    Given this: 

I'd suggest the following:

Amos 

Gunter - Inniss - Famewo - Maatsen

Shinnie - Watson - Pratley

Millar

Stockley - Washington

• Gotta hope for a win surely!

I know. Don't call me surely...

So pissed off with Charlton ATM.  We have an owner who is not a dribbling moron or a scheister, a playing legend as our coach who despite having a split personality when it comes to team selection IS A CLUB LEGEND and we are literally back from the dead (off the pitch).

C'mon Addicks, 3 points please.

1-2
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    In the absence of Aneke, I'd probably play Stockley up front with Millar and DJ in forward positions just behind him.
    Why?
    How do you see this working in practice (genuine question, just assume I'm thick)
    Surely that would sacrifice width and encourage them to float around hoping to win second balls from hoofs up to Stockley
    You can be just behind and wide at the same time, I assumed that's what he ment.  More attacking midfielders than wingers but not in a flat 5 either. 
    Not a 4-3-3 then?
    I'd still be interested in how he see's the formation working
    More a 4-3-2-1 
  • Bowyer hasn’t got a clue. He is like a rabbit in the car headlights.

He gets Smith in from Swindon, and has barely given him a chance.
    Yet existing players are making the same mistakes week after week, and are never dropped. 

In my opinion Bowyer seems scared to change. Tactically he is shite.

I can’t see anything but another defeat.
    Scared to change?  We make 3-4 changes almost every game. Between the start of the MK Dons game and the Rochdale game we made 11 changes to our starting line up, in 3 games.

Apart from the colour we play in I don't know what he hasn't changed! 
  • 3-1 to Fleetwood and Curbs tells us in the post match analysis on Valley Pass we were a little bit unlucky not to nick a point, had we just been a bit more organised at the back.  
  • .Billericaydickie said:
    Bowyer hasn’t got a clue. He is like a rabbit in the car headlights.

He gets Smith in from Swindon, and has barely given him a chance.
    Yet existing players are making the same mistakes week after week, and are never dropped. 

In my opinion Bowyer seems scared to change. Tactically he is shite.

I can’t see anything but another defeat.
    😂
  • I see a Schwartz hat-trick. Nice 3-0 win for the Addicks incoming.
  • a draw ... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Burnley v West Brom. 0-2
    West Ham v Spurs. 1-3
    Fleetwood v Charlton. 1-2
  • Top work as always @ForeverAddickted , although I’m not sure about that “prediction”! 
  • So given we have enforced changes to make, i'd like to see: 

Amos
    Gunter - Oshilaja -  Pearce -  Purrington
    Shinnie - Smith - Pratley - Millar
    Stockley - Washington

I suspect however we will see something random so a 3-5-2

Amos
    Gunter - Oshilaja - Pearce
    Matthews - Shinnie - Watson - Pratley - Millar
    Stockley - Schwartz
  • Chunes said:
    Stockley or Famewo would be a "game changer" in terms of pieces in place for next season.  Shinnie, I assume, would just be until the end of the season anyway?