Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Transfer spends in League 1 over the last 5 years

Comments

• Options
    Interesting figures .. IF they are correct, we have certainly wasted a LOT of money on unsuitable players (Presumably the figure includes fees paid for loaned players ?)
  • Options
    Not sure how much I believe it... Just checked TransferMarkt

Expenditure alone for the following seasons has been:

2016/17: £1.17m
    2017/18: £0m
    2018/19: £0m
    2019/20: £200k
    2020/21: £400k

Because loan fees arent mentioned nor are signing on fees I'd question if a lot is guess work or whether the article is taking player values into account rather than what got actually spent
  • Options
    Of course income is a completely different matter and is worth looking away when you compare with what our Managers have been allowed to put back into the squads these last few years:

2020/21: £1.98m (Again wont take into account sell ons)
    2019/20: £1.78m
    2018/19: £4.30m
    2017/18: £400k
    2016/17: £13.8m
  • Options
    I've no idea what those numbers are meant to mean! We've not spent £20.7m, and I'd be surprised if we earned £20.7m
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I don't think the article is worded very clearly but it's basically saying we've made a profit of 20.7m in the transfer market over the past 5 years.

Not sure why people seem so surprised as it's not really that hard to believe and seems quite accurate given we've spent almost nothing and sold Lookman, Konsa, Grant, Holmes, Doughty, Gudmundsson, Bonne, Phillips, Dijksteel and Bauer.
  • Options
    Yeah it's amount we've made over the past 5 years of selling players, Lookman was £7.5m alone, Konsa, Grant, JBG and Pope too. Basically the reason we haven't seen that money then spent on players is due to the club running at a loss, same as Sunderland (whose numbers are hugely skewed by the Pickford sale) and obviously Wigan who had to sell pretty much everyone to stay alive whilst in admin. 
  • Options
    Yes, the article was obviously written by a 10 year old who doesn't know the different between spend & receive. 

Close the thread as it makes no bloody sense. 
  • Options
    anything that makes you click through pages like that is toilet paper that I wouldn't even wipe my dog's arse with