Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kenny Jackett temporarily stepping down

Has been reported by Pompey journalists that Kenny Jackett is temporarily stepping down as manager at Portsmouth due to health reasons. Not known how long this will be for. Wonder how this will effect the team who are in very good form. 

Have always quite liked Kenny Jackett and always comes across well. Wish him well and a speedy recovery back into management. 

Comments

• Options
    Yeah. Get well soon Kenny.
  • Options
    Get well soon Kenny.
  • Options
    Hope he's back at the helm soon. Get well soon. 
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56070599

He's having an operation

Portsmouth have confirmed manager Kenny Jackett will not attend matches or training from Thursday while he rests and recovers from an operation.
    Assistant manager Joe Gallen will take charge in a caretaker capacity alongside first-team coach Jake Wigley.
    Jackett, 59, is still expected to be on the touchline for Pompey's League One trip to Bristol Rovers on Tuesday.

• Options
    All the best Kenny
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56070599

He's having an operation

Portsmouth have confirmed manager Kenny Jackett will not attend matches or training from Thursday while he rests and recovers from an operation.
    Assistant manager Joe Gallen will take charge in a caretaker capacity alongside first-team coach Jake Wigley.
    Jackett, 59, is still expected to be on the touchline for Pompey's League One trip to Bristol Rovers on Tuesday.

...... just read it properly and deleted my comment, nothing to see here.
  • Options
    I have always liked KJ mainly because I played golf with his father, but I have come to respect how he runs his team's over the years, like many managers of his ilk he will never be offered a 'top' job but I do think he would be very capable. 
  • Options
    I wish him all the best ... always seems like a decent bloke
  • Options
    All the best Kenny... One of the best Managers at this level
  • Options
    Best wishes Kenny.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kenny is a good guy and I wish him well with his operation. Genuine nice man.

Ps. I was going to say I hope Jacket doesn't need any stitches but that's maybe inappropriate. I will get my coat  :/

• Options
    Like others I have always thought he is a decent chap. Hope all goes well and he is back to normal soon.  
  • Options
    Must be a decent bloke if he can come across well whilst managing Millwall, which he always did.

Hope he's recovered and back before too long.
  • Options
    Is Joe Gallen a relation of Steve? 
  • Options
    All the best Kenny

Worth remembering that Steve Cotterill has been in hospital with Covid for 3 or 4 weeks. Indeed he's been managing the team from there

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-56017494
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Is Joe Gallen a relation of Steve? 
       Yes, brother of Steve & Kevin.
  • Options
    Get well soon Kenny 
  • Options
    Did I read once that Kenny is a Charlton supporter ?
  • Options
    Like Kenny Jackett.  Get well soon.
  • Options
    ST's lifelong pompey supporting mate can't stand the way Jackett has the team playing - mate reckons it's far too dull and pragmatic "not the portsmouth way"  He'd much rather have entertaining football at the risk of some inconsistency in results.  ST and mate disagree on this aspect.
    The only way out of this shitty division is thru results, it matters not how the points are earned.  ST and mate do however agree that J Marquis is a donkey, mate says that sort of recruitment typifies Jackett's limitations.
    Even with Jackett's lengthy association with the Bermondsey scrap yard, ST have always regarded KJ as capable and decent, but we've never (yet) had him as manager...