Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Race Europe?

edited February 2021 in General Charlton
Interested in doing this. Is there a CL team? Who is our team leader?

Comments

• We’re up for it too! 
  • kimbo said:
    @Leroy Ambrose ?
  • am a bit confused about it to be honest but relieved I don’t have to run 300 miles🤣 doesn’t @AFKABartram run? 
  • I've signed up although I don't totally understand it! Maybe I was a bit quick off the mark and currently got a hop injury and can't walk or cycle and of course can't go swimming! Hopefully I'll be better by March. I signed up Charlton Addicks but not even sure whose team that is and can't see my team on my profile????
  • Signed up to the Covered End choir.
    I assume I’ll be able to register my cycling miles from Strava.
  • Wait - what's this? 
  • kimbo said:
    Dennis is our leader.
  • Wait - what's this? 
    Includes cycling so I thought of you 
  • edited February 2021
    I saw this too, if @Leroy Ambrose is in, I am in too. I can average probably around 60-90 mins a day over the course of a week on my bike. 
  • Huskaris said:
    I saw this too, if @Leroy Ambrose is in, I am in too. I can average probably around 60-90 mins a day over the course of a week on my bike. 
    It’s over a month.
  • Sponsored links:

• iainment said:
    Huskaris said:
    It’s over a month.
    Yeah I know, I was just saying how much I could do, as in, I might do 2 hours one day of the week, but only 60 another if you see what I mean, but would be around 60-90 mins a day on average. 
  • Maybe we need a CL running team. I can only do 15k on a good week. 
  • Oh I see - virtual challenge. Go on then - what team do I join? Seems a bit daft that there's five CAFC teams...
  • iainment said:
    Signed up to the Covered End choir.
    I assume I’ll be able to register my cycling miles from Strava.
    I’ve signed up to the Covered End choir too and hoping to do the same with Strava
  • We are trying to get as many CAFC teams as possible. I am heading one team called Team Addicks. Bob Bolder is heading Team Covered End Choir. Johnnie Jackson, Kevin Lisbie are all taking part. It’s a great way to all support CACT whilst competing virtually against other London Football Clubs. If you have any questions please let me know and I will try and answer them. 
  • Tracey said:
    We are trying to get as many CAFC teams as possible. I am heading one team called Team Addicks. Bob Bolder is heading Team Covered End Choir. Johnnie Jackson, Kevin Lisbie are all taking part. It’s a great way to all support CACT whilst competing virtually against other London Football Clubs. If you have any questions please let me know and I will try and answer them. 
    OK - sounds good. So the total for all the Charlton teams will be added up at the end?
  • Tracey said:
    We are trying to get as many CAFC teams as possible. I am heading one team called Team Addicks. Bob Bolder is heading Team Covered End Choir. Johnnie Jackson, Kevin Lisbie are all taking part. It’s a great way to all support CACT whilst competing virtually against other London Football Clubs. If you have any questions please let me know and I will try and answer them. 
    OK - sounds good. So the total for all the Charlton teams will be added up at the end?
    No each Team which consists of 23 people has to complete 6,720 miles in the quickest time separately. But all funds raised from each team will go to CACT. 
  • Tracey said:
    Bob Bolder needs you on the Covered End Choir team.
  • Tracey said:
    Hi Tracey I signed up after the segment during the game today. But on reflection and some medical advice I am going to have to withdraw as my hip/pelvis injury is so bad I can't even walk far, so  wouldn't contribute many miles. Can I donate instead?
  • Sponsored links:

• iainment said:
    Tracey said:
    OK - I'm in. Starts 1st March?
  • iainment said:
    Tracey said:
    OK - I'm in. Starts 1st March?
    Yep. Just worked out you can connect Strava/Fibit/Garmin to your account. It's not obvious how mind you, the website and app are both a bit dated.
  • Signed up but not sure if I am in a team yet, looking forward to it
  • Signed up, to Team Addicks and also linked Strava. So I understand how strava will count, not sure how other activities will link
  • Tracey said:
    Hi Tracey I signed up after the segment during the game today. But on reflection and some medical advice I am going to have to withdraw as my hip/pelvis injury is so bad I can't even walk far, so  wouldn't contribute many miles. Can I donate instead?
    Sorry to hear that. Hope your ok. The fundraising page will be up very soon if you would like to donate. 
  • Have joined! Will track my cycling and indoor rowing.
  • So there are currently 5 teams for Charlton that all require 23 people each. 

Covered end choir (bob’s?)
    team Addicks (is that Tracey’s? With Jacko on it?)
    charlton athletic 
    itrm 
    upbeats 

should there be a Charlton life team set up? I would imagine cyclists would be good to have in the side. I walk a lot but wouldn’t bring that much to the party. Could prob walk max 350k (220ish miles)  in 1 month and between 23. It’s roughly 290 miles per person required to hit the target🥴
  • So there are currently 5 teams for Charlton that all require 23 people each. 

charlton athletic 
    itrm 
    upbeats 

should there be a Charlton life team set up? I would imagine cyclists would be good to have in the side. I walk a lot but wouldn’t bring that much to the party. Could prob walk max 350k (220ish miles)  in 1 month and between 23. It’s roughly 290 miles per person required to hit the target🥴
    There are? How did you find that? 
  • Glovepup said:
    So there are currently 5 teams for Charlton that all require 23 people each. 

charlton athletic 
    itrm 
    upbeats 

There are? How did you find that? 
    Went to sign up to see if there was more info as I do think its very vague in terms of what is required and how it works. Before you do anything you have to choose your team and there were 5 teams to choose from.