Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Some Stats....

edited February 2021 in General Charlton
This season I have been compiling a ton of stats, here's a mega share of the season so far for the stats I have right now:

1. PPG Table So Far & Points Total if PPG continues at that rate:

2. Most Goals Per Game

3. Most Goals Conceded per game

4. How League Fixtures have played out since 2019 Play Off Final - The @golfaddick fact

5. Comparison of Defensive Pairings & Goals Conceded

6. Comparison of Midfield Pairings & Goals Conceded

7. Comparison of Formations & Goals Conceded

8. Just for @ForeverAddickted  I can show what the defence & midfield looked like for each game so far:

Anyway, I thought all of these were quite interesting, the only other thing I'll be adding is to include the Goals scored & results info to the formation comparison table as I think it will highlight our best possible formation for balance between scoring more goals and conceding fewer. 

Personally for me I think the main point to consider is all the different formations we have used and how much we have messed with midfield as a result.

If you like stats, then please do enjoy drawing your own conclusions from it all! 

Comments

• Options
    Great work !!

Don't want to point out any errors as this has obviously taken you loads of time, but Lincoln being bottom of the Most goals stat (2nd one) is surely wrong.

Ps.......love No 4 being named after me   😉😊
  • Options
    Great work
  • Options
    You need to be on countdown.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Great work !!

Don't want to point out any errors as this has obviously taken you loads of time, but Lincoln being bottom of the Most goals stat (2nd one) is surely wrong.

Ps.......love No 4 being named after me   😉😊
    Yeah I forgot to flip the order. Technically their top of the least goals conceded, but top of the most goals conceded.

Edit just noticed some of the tables tallies are out so will sort when I can be bothered 😂.
  • Options
    Send this to JJ. Bowyer won't listen or understand it. Great work. 
  • Options
    So if we play Iniss and Famewo behind a midfield three of Shinnie Watson Pratley should not concede any goals for the run in. 
  • Options
    No 4 is a good stat for in-play betting.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Very good, shows how much we have missed Famewo. Seems like if we want to get a clean sheet our best bet is a back 4 of Purrs Famewo Innis Gunter and the midfield two being Watson and Shinnie. Not sure how that would play out but based on stats a clean sheet would be more likely than not.

I feel like that with Millar and DJ on the wings with Stockley and Aneke up top may be our best XI, an argument for JFC to replace Watson for more mobility  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2021

p.s the last game we conceded first in and turned around (outside of the play off final) was when we beat then League leaders Luton 3-1 in April 2019.

Andrew Shinnie was sent off late for some nasty tackles.
    Igor Vetokele showed in the game he still had it with a goal and an assist.
    Lyle Taylor won a penalty with some audacious play acting
    Luton should have also had their keeper sent off for literally making Vetokele do a somersault with how hard he hit him. Despite it being a clear GS opportunity the ref handed the GK a  yellow. 

Shame we couldn't afford to give Vetokele another shot with us as last season despite continuing to be injured he scored 4 in 18, this season without any injury issues he so far has scored 7 in 16 games. He's probably up there as one of the best, yet most disappointing signings of the Duchatelet reign.  
  • Options
    Very good, shows how much we have missed Famewo. Seems like if we want to get a clean sheet our best bet is a back 4 of Purrs Famewo Innis Gunter and the midfield two being Watson and Shinnie. Not sure how that would play out but based on stats a clean sheet would be more likely than not.

I feel like that with Millar and DJ on the wings with Stockley and Aneke up top may be our best XI, an argument for JFC to replace Watson for more mobility  
    That sounds not far off to me.
  • Options
    Big fan of Pearce, but when he has the joint leading assists for the season, then somethings not been going to an.
  • Options
    For all 30 games played so far - Formations/Squads/Goals/Assists

That's 20 different defences, 27 different midfields, 24 different attacks. 

40 Goals scored by 17 players of which 16 were solo created goals. 

Shinnie is now comfortably our leading assister with 6. Millar next with 3 and then Pearce, Washington, Smyth, Maatsen & Gunter with 2.

Our PPG is trending towards an end of season PPG of around 1.43 at the current rate. 

• Options
    has Washington scored 7? I didn’t think it was as many as that (I realise two pens).
  • Options
    has Washington scored 7? I didn’t think it was as many as that (I realise two pens).
    Many people forget his brace that won us the first Fleetwood game. 
  • Options
    Oh and here's the one about how games have played out since our last @golfaddick

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Edit: Sorry, seen you've put them down as Pboro
  • Options
    I don't know why I bother with the statbank
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    It's far better than my cack stats

It also gives a stronger impression on performances rather than the above which is available elsewhere.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't stop Lancs, far better than Dazzler  ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Players and results so far According to the BBC. 

5 Formations used. 
    22 Defences used. 
    33 Midfields used. 
    24 forward lines used. 
    7 games we have failed to score in
    11 games we have failed to assist in. 
    4 games where we have scored chances created by the goalscorer/s. 
    18 goals scored where the chance is created by the scorer or from an error by the opponents
    14 clean sheets.

FormationUses
    4-4-216
    4-4-2 D10
    4-3-37
    3-4-33
    3-5-1-11
    Total37
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

5 Formations used. 

This was just in Saturday's game right?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

5 Formations used. 

This was just in Saturday's game right?
    Should be formations started. but yeah think we tried all 5 on Saturday. 
  • Options
    The most frustrating statistics for me is only the top two out of the top twelve teams have scored more than us,but we have the worst defensive record in the top 12 .Just how many of these 50 goals we have conceded have been appalling errors.With more care we could easily have been challenging top two.
  • Options
    If you are going to find a positive, appalling errors should be easier to do something about. 
  • Options
    Just thought I'd pop in with this to show how many formations etc we've used so far. Jackson takeover point is where the fixtures change to the away colours. 

• Options
    edited January 2022
    Since Jackson took over: