Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Thomas Sandgaard: We’ve now got one of best attacks in League One

124»

Comments

• Just out of interest I know it’s bonkers and in the past we’ve really ballsed things up, but effectively we’ve let our last 3 Centre backs in Bauer, Sarr and Lockyer leave on frees to the championship, yet have signed 2 potentially injury prone centre backs.

Seems crazy we allowed Lockyer to sign on a free and leave on a free, poor bit of business for us, would love to know the add ons for the winger we’ve signed from Swindon are?

I mean if we don’t go up this. Season, does he leave on the cheap?
    Lockyer's release clause and the promise of consistent first team football was the reason he signed for us over other interested Championship clubs if I remember correctly 
  • I think TS was asked a question and answered it, not sending out subliminal messages to the manager. 
  • Just out of interest I know it’s bonkers and in the past we’ve really ballsed things up, but effectively we’ve let our last 3 Centre backs in Bauer, Sarr and Lockyer leave on frees to the championship, yet have signed 2 potentially injury prone centre backs.

Seems crazy we allowed Lockyer to sign on a free and leave on a free, poor bit of business for us, would love to know the add ons for the winger we’ve signed from Swindon are?

I mean if we don’t go up this. Season, does he leave on the cheap?
    Do you let them go on a free or do you come down on crippling wages like Tex, Bauer and Sarr?

We wouldn't have signed Lockyer without paying significantly more wages without that clause anyway.

The worst bit of bad business there were the wages we paid Nabby for the 1st 3 years of his contract.  He was good value for the last 2.  
  • edited February 2021
    To be fair to Ronnie, he is a fox in the box player who isn't getting the service at the moment.

To be fair to Ronnie he barely played for six months before joining us, and since joining us has only started a couple of games and come on as a sub in a few more. He's having to settle in a new country, regain match fitness and sharpness, build confidence, adapt to a different style of play, get to know new strike partners (who keep changing every week), and is doing all of this in a team that is more widely struggling for confidence and form. Despite this he has scored one very good goal, had a perfectly good goal disallowed for offside, and got into at least one or two very good goal scoring positions in most of his appearances. We all hope and want him to be sticking away some of the chances he missed, but for one or two you can definitely see how the lack of match sharpness hindered him with just slightly heavy touches or slow feet, but you worry the most about strikers who just never get into decent positions and I genuinely don't think Ronnie can be accused of that.

Keep starting him with Stockley, ideally with DJ and Millar too and the goals will start to flow, but with a bit of a break now until our next midweek games Bows does need to pick what he thinks is his best side and stick with it with a few consecutive games regardless of performance or result. If he does this I think we'll see s step change in how well a lot of players are playing. It'll then be also be easier to bring one or two changes in here and there if the rest of the team are settled and comfortable with their jobs.
    Not an inspiring signing.

Hopefully he'll be a success.