Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2021

Comments

• Options
    The dew factor is not something I considered. But if we score 300 plus I think that will become irrelevant anyway
    Plus the fact that God will be past his ovaltine and bed time.......
  • Options
    By the way, we lost at Wycombe. 
  • Options
    Somerset marginal favourites for the final.

Kent to bat first after Somerset win the toss.
  • Options
    Fantastic day for Kent so far. I reckon we'll need to make 180 this time, and I reckon we can do it.

Bilbo to be top scorer.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Big movement towards Somerset in the betting. 8/11 to Kent's 5/4. Would imagine the bias towards the side batting second explains some of it.
  • Options
    Fantastic day for Kent so far. I reckon we'll need to make 180 this time, and I reckon we can do it.

Bilbo to be top scorer.
    Hope you're right but the worrying thing for me is that Billings is like all our batsmen. You look at the line up and you think they are all capable of scoring big runs. When you did below the surface you see that he averages 23.66 for us and 16.68 for England.

If that's not enough to inspire him nothing will be!!!!
  • Options
    Somerset and Kent have played each other 18 times in T20 games - with the Spitfires ahead by 12 wins to six.
  • Options
    Does anyone know what the results are at Finals Day regarding the winners of the trophy after the semi-final games taking place first or second ?
  • Options
    Did we bowl well at end of the innings. 
    Me and my kids couldn’t keep interested for the last 20 balls - felt a bit too long. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Did we bowl well at end of the innings. 
    Me and my kids couldn’t keep interested for the last 20 balls - felt a bit too long. 
    We were OK but then they only had "sxxx or bust" merchants left to bat. With 7 bowling options we have the ability to keep rotating and not allowing them to set themselves
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Denly again - this time first ball
  • Options
    Oh not good 
  • Options
    Denly realised he was totally out of form so just whacked it. Shouldn't have been in the team.
  • Options
    Have Kent just thrown it away in two balls?
  • Options
    Not too bothered Denly out first ball with the form he is in. 

other than momentum obviously 
  • Options
    johnny73 said:
    Denly realised he was totally out of form so just whacked it. Shouldn't have been in the team.
    He's in the team to open the bowling and gives us a 7th bowling option. But I totally agree with you about his batting and to think we gave him a new contract at the beginning at the season
  • Options
    Due (no pun intended) the conditions in the evening what score are what we looking for ?
  • Options
    Getting bogged down here 
  • Options

Bilbo to be top scorer.
    Hope you're right but the worrying thing for me is that Billings is like all our batsmen. You look at the line up and you think they are all capable of scoring big runs. When you did below the surface you see that he averages 23.66 for us and 16.68 for England.

If that's not enough to inspire him nothing will be!!!!
    And there you have it. Billings always flatters to deceive. He is our Mike Brearley!
  • Options
    Due (no pun intended) the conditions in the evening what score are what we looking for ?
    Would take 155 now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pressure from Leaning and Crawley gives it up
  • Options
    now in big trouble

• Options
    Right let's have a 25 ball 50 from Cox
  • Options
    Not too sure that even God can get us out of this....
  • Options
    Only God can save us now...
  • Options
    Be lucky to get 120 now
  • Options
    This is like the drip, drip, drip of Chinese torture but not as much fun!
  • Options
    They both have to give it a go now, Even if one gets out at least the next man in might give it a go
  • Options
    Predict 159-8 close of play. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Predict 159-8 close of play. 
    I'm a seller of runs and buyer of wickets