Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2021

Comments

• Options
    Cummins is having a shocker 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Cummins is having a shocker 
    I think 5 wickets for 501 has a certain ring about it. If you play darts that is!

• Options
    Kent draw level (111-2)
  • Options
    Kent favourites in my book. Wish had stuck a shilling on when they started to bat for a second time. 
  • Options
    Sussex have had a first innings over one hundred against their last three Division One opponents - Essex, Lancs and Yorks. They have lost all three games. 
    Kent lead by 26. It’s happening buddy
  • Options
    Strange that Archer has only bowled 5 overs in the second innings. 
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    Sussex have had a first innings over one hundred against their last three Division One opponents - Essex, Lancs and Yorks. They have lost all three games. 
    I predict that Kent will set a target of 225-250 and Sussex will make around 180. If Archer is out of action, maybe a bigger margin.
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    I predict that Kent will set a target of 225-250 and Sussex will make around 180. If Archer is out of action, maybe a bigger margin.
    Not going to happen, Sussex have got this in the bag. 
  • Options
    We will set a target no bigger than 180
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    Stewart said:
    Rumours abounding on the South Coast that the ECB are choosing how much Archer bowls. Strangely, Adrian Harms of the BBC didn’t ask the question why Archer only bowled five overs in post-match interview. Overton and Leach have also been rested apparently as was (the Sussex) Ollie Robinson last week for no reason. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stewart said:
    Stewart said:
    Rumours abounding on the South Coast that the ECB are choosing how much Archer bowls. Strangely, Adrian Harms of the BBC didn’t ask the question why Archer only bowled five overs in post-match interview. Overton and Leach have also been rested apparently as was (the Sussex) Ollie Robinson last week for no reason. 
    Which would be ridiculous if true, especially if they are limiting the number of overs during a match to that degree
  • Options
    They’re playing at Hove thankfully and Kent have done a good job in turning it round. As the two bottom teams, it must be in both their interests to set a target and try to get a result, particularly as Lancs v Northants have missed the dodgy weather this week. 
  • Options
    Well, congratulations to Jack Leaning on getting a ton. The last time I saw him when he was on 99, he was playing for Yorkshire against Sussex and was about to get his maiden first class ton. James Tredwell (playing for Sussex) served him up a juicy full toss which he carelessly returned to Tredwell for a caught and bowled. He had batted impeccably before his aberration. I wonder if it went through his mind!
  • Options
    Well, congratulations to Jack Leaning on getting a ton. The last time I saw him when he was on 99, he was playing for Yorkshire against Sussex and was about to get his maiden first class ton. James Tredwell (playing for Sussex) served him up a juicy full toss which he carelessly returned to Tredwell for a caught and bowled. He had batted impeccably before his aberration. I wonder if it went through his mind!
    Good batting practice for Kent. Archer not being able to bowl has made things a lot easier

https://www.skysports.com/cricket/news/12148/12307510/jofra-archer-was-unable-to-bowl-for-sussex-due-to-sore-elbow-on-day-three-of-county-championship-clash-with-kent
  • Options
    Kent 352-3

Kent lead Sussex by 241 runs with 7 wickets remaining
  • Options
    A shame that Ollie Robinson didn't get his ton, but also that Ollie Robinson wasn't the bowler!
  • Options
    A shame that Ollie Robinson didn't get his ton, but also that Ollie Robinson wasn't the bowler!
    And he was given out LBW despite smashing the ball into his pads
  • Options
    score card reads 12, 85, 127, 85, 12 (if you exclude the 27)

• Options
    Both Denly and Billings may be back for the next game which will give a stronger look to the batting line up, presumably at the expense of Muyeye and O'Riordan. I would actually ask Crawley to open and drop DBD down for something like this:

Crawley
    Cox
    Denly
    Billings
    DBD
    Leaning
    Robinson

If England are influencing the situation then they might insist that Crawley stays at 3. In which case I would give the job to Denly 

• Options
    Received an email from England Supporters re the squad for the Tests v NZ starting on 2nd June, with our Zak included.

There was another piece re T20 matches with links to all counties involved, saying "Book now".

Tingle beginning to rear its head (well, it's been so long I'm not even sure it WAS a tingle!) as I clicked....only to find  " General On Sale coming soon "! 

FFS !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Delay in starting our game against Glamorgan due to a wet outfield. Inspection at 11.30. I am also hearing that there will be an interesting change to the batting order, details of which to follow.
  • Options
    https://www.kentcricket.co.uk/news/match-preview-kent-vs-glamorgan/

Kent welcome back around 950 of the Club’s loyal Members as Glamorgan are the visitors to The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence in the LV= Insurance County Championship.

That's capacity at the moment it seems
  • Options
    Further inspection at 12.30
  • Options
    And another one at 1.35
  • Options
    And again at 2.40
  • Options
    And again at 2.40
    Has Canterbury had its own weather system today, as elsewhere in the south it's been fairly dry. Windy too, which will help dry the outfield
  • Options
    Qayyum has been forced to retire. Very sad for him. Very promising. 
  • Options
    CHG said:
    Qayyum has been forced to retire. Very sad for him. Very promising. 
    Wow, sad news. I didn't see that coming, especially as he was a regular last season right up to October, so it's not as if he's been out for a long time
  • Options
    And again at 2.40
    Has Canterbury had its own weather system today, as elsewhere in the south it's been fairly dry. Windy too, which will help dry the outfield
    Funnily enough it does seem to have its own micro climate. I remember a Kent age group game about six years ago where we didn't have a single drop of rain all day but as soon as we left Canterbury there were puddles upon puddles from the deluge the rest of the County got. We're at St Lawrence & Highland Court on Saturday so hope we're not singled out for the rain!
  • Options
    Conditions are improving. Inspection at 3.30

The weather is teasing all those poor souls on the first day they were allowed to watch a game of cricket for ages