Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Last Saturday's LGBTQ+ comedy night

Anybody go?

There was a statement by the club on VP about an incident and the police being called. Just wondering if anyone knew what happened.

Comments

• Some twats gatecrashed it and gave abuse. Hopefully they’ll be traced. 

No suggestions it was Charlton fans from what I’ve seen 
    what?? why??!

there's some strange people about. 
  • Yep. Guessing youngsters who thought they were funny 
  • Just to clarify this was held via Zoom and the knob heads who got involved "Zoom Bombed" the event until they were shut down.
  • christ. "Zoom Bombed" what an age we live in. 
  • Glad they were able to get rid and carry on.
  • Sponsored links:

• christ. "Zoom Bombed" what an age we live in. 
    better a Zoom bomb than a TNT/shrapnel one for sure ((:>)
  • Nothing quite says ‘pwoppa nawtee’ like zoom bombing.
  • deviation...

i know this isent really the thread for this but as others have mentioned 'It's a Sin' is powerful TV. 
    Some of the scenes on the early episodes in the hospital actually could relate a bit to today with Covid and how patients are locked away from their close ones in order to prevent spread of the disease. 

must of been terrifying. 

anyway... 
  • It seems strange how people wish to judge other people on how they live their lives when it has no impact on them whatsoever. There are good people and bad people and their sexuality is irrelevant. But of course these idiots make it relevant which tells us there is much to be done.

I'd like to think that we are at a point where when a League player does come out, there will be no chants or comments around that and they are seen as any other player. I think this would be the case in most dressing rooms but that is where we as fans need to get to.
  • It seems strange how people wish to judge other people on how they live their lives when it has no impact on them whatsoever. There are good people and bad people and their sexuality is irrelevant. But of course these idiots make it relevant which tells us there is much to be done.

I'd like to think that we are at a point where when a League player does come out, there will be no chants or comments around that and they are seen as any other player. I think this would be the case in most dressing rooms but that is where we as fans need to get to.
    I am actually surprised that a number of league players haven't "come out", together, during lockdown.  It's a sad fact that it would probably be much easier with no fans in the ground. 

I suspect that at some stage, hopefully very soon, a significant number "come out" together?

• deviation...

i know this isent really the thread for this but as others have mentioned 'It's a Sin' is powerful TV. 
    Some of the scenes on the early episodes in the hospital actually could relate a bit to today with Covid and how patients are locked away from their close ones in order to prevent spread of the disease. 

must of been terrifying. 

anyway... 
    A friend of mine got Aids and I remember him dying in Lewisham hospital. The staff at the time were really good but the hardest thing was for his family coming to terms with the situation - Its a Sin really captured this.
  • A zoom bomb? So people can just join a zoom meeting randomly with no come back and say racist and homophobic crap. Surely this should be traceable. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Missus has been watching It's a Sin this week and I've been half watching it in between ranting on here and watching Bill repeats on  my laptop.  I said to her how horrific it must have been back then (set in 81 I think) for gay people and that I recalled Queer as Folk in the 90s...I said thankfully we've moved on since those days and it must seem alien for any young people watching what people endured.

Then the day after I said that I saw them talking about this at halftime during the Portsmouth game and clearly my faith in humanity was overly optimistic.

How inadequate and insecure must your life be to log onto to gate-crash and racially and homophobically abuse a group of people like this.

Cowards, weirdos and wrong uns doing that and hope the poor people who suffered the abuse pay no mind to it and know they are as welcome at the valley as anyone in the minds of the vast majority of right thinking people and I reckon if that sort of abuse happened on match day they would get pulled up asap...but therein lies the cowardice of cyber abuse.

Good to see it was alluded that it was not assumedly not Charlton fans who did it but that begs the question of how much even weirder they are to seek out the event in the first place.

Hopefully it is just ignorant kids as it is deeply tragic if it is anyone with supposed adult faculties involved.

Catching up with the Bill still has made me laugh 
  • Surely they left a digital footprint. If a hate crime was committed, can’t imagine it would be too difficult to identify the culprits.
  • Surely they left a digital footprint. If a hate crime was committed, can’t imagine it would be too difficult to identify the culprits.
    Thats what I wondered. If they can do that and not be traced then I'm a pigeon 
  • A zoom bomb? So people can just join a zoom meeting randomly with no come back and say racist and homophobic crap. Surely this should be traceable. 
    Some Zoom meetings can be locked where you’ll need a password to enter, but a lot of the larger meetings are open and access by a normal weblink. I presume that’s why the police have been called in as they may have ways to collect the information of visitors to the link and hopefully trace the idiots who did this. 
  • The events were quite widely promoted, including by Proud Valiants, CAST, the club and Football v Homophobia. It's appalling that the one on Sat night got hijacked and very much hope the culprits are traced. The event restarted and carried on afterwards. 

I was also shocked to see some bizarre reactions on both official and unofficial CAFC Facebook threads to posts on this subject. A lot, but not all, came from people following one of our U23 players. 

As a club and a supporter base I'm proud that we take an open and honest stance against any discrimination. As an individual I'm very sad it is still necessary in this day and age.
    I'm not on Facebook or twitter but I'd like to know what player they were following? 

• Nice to see the positive comments on here- hopefully the majority of people no longer see homophobia as acceptable.
  • The events were quite widely promoted, including by Proud Valiants, CAST, the club and Football v Homophobia. It's appalling that the one on Sat night got hijacked and very much hope the culprits are traced. The event restarted and carried on afterwards. 

I was also shocked to see some bizarre reactions on both official and unofficial CAFC Facebook threads to posts on this subject. A lot, but not all, came from people following one of our U23 players. 

As a club and a supporter base I'm proud that we take an open and honest stance against any discrimination. As an individual I'm very sad it is still necessary in this day and age.
    I'm not on Facebook or twitter but I'd like to know what player they were following? 

If they are the same oddjobs who pop up on other Facebook stuff I know which player it is but I'm not sure if naming him is fair as I could be wrong and in either case I have found no proof he encourages this crap.