Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post-match Thread: Charlton v Portsmouth | Tues 2nd Feb 2021

Comments

• stockley was very good but the rest was a shambles 
  • we are so hard to watch, the only consistent things we are seeing are mistakes, chasing games and substitutes through desperation.with the tactics and selections being made I just don’t see bowyer turning this around. People are making lots of excuses for bowyer but it isn’t working is it?. I feel like he is waiting for the two cb’s back and hoping they save his job for him.
  • Our last few games have seen better performances due to playing 442 and players knowing what to do in those positions. We messed that improvement up ourselves. 
  • Thought we started ok but couldn’t find the correct final ball or shoot on target other than the Morgan effort that hit the bar. Couple of crap clearances before their first goal, Schwartz can’t control the knockdown to shoot, great header by Stockley for 1-1, excellent save by Amos from the 1 on 1, shit defending/no desire to win the header for their 2nd, we should have a pen for the foul on Watson & then Matthews and Watson balls up for the third.
    Overall Pompey deserved the win as they played as a team from front to back and we didn’t.
  • That was hard to watch. The most braindead set of players I’ve ever seen. So many individual errors that led to that loss.

Without the stupid errors from defenders and midfield it would have been a fairly even game. Pompey were the better side no doubt about it, it’s just a shame we gifted them the victory. 

Predictably, people will hound Bowyer out like a mob, but it’s the players that are making the errors on the pitch.
    Bowyer is just the unluckiest manager ever.
  • Laddick01 said:
    I think we’ve kind of all assumed JFC is a decent footballer because he’s been our best midfielder.

I think it says a lot more about our squad than it does his performances. I find him very uninspiring for the most part.
    Yep. JFC mid to lower level league 1 player. If he plays with his hair one more time FFS. Cut it or wear a hair band
  • Sponsored links:

• Southbank said:
    WHAddick said:
    Any one know how far Akin and Iniss are from returning?
    August
  • A manager that constantly needs to make changes at half time is getting it very wrong too often.
    This is my main criticism, I am very bored of this consistent pattern. Start poor, go one or a couple goals down, make subs at half time, it's actually ridiculous.

There can't be many other teams doing that in the world right now let alone this league, not as consistent as it's happening. 
  • "Ref fell for all their play acting"

Lets remember Pratley at Peterborough. 
  • What game does he watch ffs
  • As they say Out with the OLD in with the New, Pratley, Watson and Pearce need to make way, get the youth who will be  yards quicker and will play with the fluency, sadly Bowyer will need to follow those 3 out the door!
  • edited February 2021
    The team lacks confidence and the style we play requires confidence. I think the ability to play that way is there, but a manager has to be pragmatic sometimes. We now have two players who can win 50/50s (Aneke and Stockley) and Millar who can individually create opportunities. 

We need to battle in the midfield and get the ball forwards more quickly. Also try to get the ball forwards more quickly from defence.

I know it isn't pretty but we can play any team playing like we did tonight, we are not going to get the wins we need. When a bit of confidence comes back, we can play more football. Currently we play until a move breaks down due to a poor pass or touch and are good for killer mistakes all the time. More safety at the moment needed to get our confidence back and more direct.

How you beat us is make sure you have bodies behind the ball and break quickly. That hasn't changed for a while.  
  • Sponsored links:

• I was looking forward to the game but after seeing the starting line up I feared it would be a tough watch.
    Apart from Stockley and Millar the rest were crap. The ref was crap. The manager was crap.
    There has to be a massive improvement at the weekend.
  • edited February 2021
    Matthews, Gunter,, Shinnie just picking up a paycheck
    JFC utter dog shit for weeks, gets a 90 again, something ain't right in this department.
    Maatsen another meh performance. 

Watson, good job his name isn't Albie as he'd never set foot in the club again.

Not one player knew their role. 

There is no way Lapslie would have put in a performance like half that team. 

That was bad, really bad.

I'd rather watch the u23s get beat, fk these old 'experienced heads' 
  • The good,
     Stockley proves he is better than Bogle.
     Millar still more threatening than Williams/Smyth
     One game closer to the end of the season.
  • Bowyer your were out coached FFS
  • It's a shame Minto can't ask really searching questions but for gawds sake ask him why he didn't start Millar.
  • Bowyer post-match:

”Overall very disappointing. I don’t think Portsmouth are better than us, even after a 3-1 defeat. But if you don’t match what they do, you’l lose. We gifted it to them”

”First 10 minutes we started well. We just give goals away. We’re too soft”

”Good start to second half. Managed to get back in the game. Again we have to defend properly. Has to be a penalty for us though.”

”Free header for second goal wasn’t good enough.

”Ref fell for all there play acting tonight.”

”On another day, would we have won, no I don’t think so”

”Stockley caused them problems all night. Held it up well. Nodding it down for other players.”
  • ct_addick said:
    Bowyer your were out coached FFS
    First time for everything for Jackett