Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Diallang Jaiyesimi - page 17 Joins Wimbledon on loan

1121314151618»

Comments

• Options
    Very strange to let him go without signing a replacement. Sums us up.

Edwards was the Replacement, but JJ and DJ turned their phones off and the signature was already done before it could be called off.
    That's showbusiness 🤷🏻‍♂️ 
  • Options
    Very strange to let him go without signing a replacement. Sums us up.

Edwards was the Replacement, but JJ and DJ turned their phones off and the signature was already done before it could be called off.
    That's showbusiness 🤷🏻‍♂️ 
     That's not how it works. We'd have still needed to agree it. 
  • Options
    I don't understand the term ' letting him go without a replacement' he hasn't played in I don't know how long so what are we replacing his wages ???
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    I don't understand the term ' letting him go without a replacement' he hasn't played in I don't know how long so what are we replacing his wages ???
    It all hinges on fitness. It JRS stays fit he's not coming out of the side. He's played all but 3 of our games because he's not managed to get the traditional Charlton injury, and so we haven't missed DJ at all. The second JRS picks up a knock though we're in trouble as there's not really anyone to replace him. We've been incredibly lucky so far that the player involved in a quarter of the goals we've scored all season hasn't been injured.
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Kips said:
    Chunes said:
    Good, another one that just never worked out. The best he played in a game involving Charlton was against us when he tore Maatsen to shreds. 
    This is true.
    Hang on you forgot the Sheff Wed home match when Tommy boy strummed his way around the pitch. DJ was unplayable that day. Well at least according to Adkins anyhow.  

Anyway thanks for everything DJ. Or should we now rename you Wimbledon..
    Mansfield going to Wimbledon has really thrown me 
    You'll have to call him Womble now. :smile:

• Options
    I think this was done just to save money on cutting up Castore socks….
  • Options
    I have no feelings about this, negative or positive, as I'd simply forgotten he was here
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Was amazed to see he has played 63 times for us. I'd have been surprised if you told me he'd touched the ball 63 times for us. He's another one you watch and wonder what he is good at. Not that quick, doesn't go past players with the ball, no great range of passing, or movement, or good at shooting. He's quite strong for a winger, I guess, but you need more than that in your personal arsenal.

You wonder what we see in these players, or what the hell we do to them when they get here that kills all their talent.
  • Options
    Was amazed to see he has played 63 times for. I'd have been surprised if you told me he'd touched the ball 63 times for us. He's another one you watch and wonder what he is good at. Not that quick, doesn't go past platers with the ball, no great range of passing, or movement, or good at shooting. He's quite strong for a winger, I guess, but you need more than that in your personal arsenal.

You wonder what we see in these players, or what the hell we do to them when they get here that kills all their talent.
    Indeed for all the flak Kirk gets, you can make a case that DJ has been an even worse signing. That window we would have been better off saving our transfer money and keeping Paul Smyth on loan.

That he's gone to a L2 club on loan (unlike Gilbey, McGrandles, Kirk and Lavelle) says it all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was amazed to see he has played 63 times for. I'd have been surprised if you told me he'd touched the ball 63 times for us. He's another one you watch and wonder what he is good at. Not that quick, doesn't go past platers with the ball, no great range of passing, or movement, or good at shooting. He's quite strong for a winger, I guess, but you need more than that in your personal arsenal.

Indeed for all the flak Kirk gets, you can make a case that DJ has been an even worse signing. That window we would have been better off saving our transfer money and keeping Paul Smyth on loan.

That he's gone to a L2 club on loan (unlike Gilbey, McGrandles, Kirk and Lavelle) says it all.
    Gilbey is in League Two
  • Options
    DJ was a massive panic buy. It was the January deadline day that we were bidding for nearly every winger in league 1 and then went back to DJ when everyone else had said no. Same with Lavelle, late in the window and missing out on other targets. Just shows why getting business done early is so important, even if you have to pay a little bit more to get deals done 
  • Options
    Season has been a write off for him really.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Bit of luck for Wimbledon to be honest.
  • Options
    Should have signed for Mansfield 
  • Options
    Sorry, but not our worst ever team. That was in 1925-26.
  • Options
    Remember it well. Couldn’t hit a barn door from five yards.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2023
  • Options
    Another fee that never worked out. 

Good luck to him and best for all he moves on. 
  • Options
    The OS article is fucking brutal as well. Not a "we appreciate all his previous..." or a "we wish him the best" or any nicey-nicey guff. 

Its as close to "Now fuck right the fuck off and don't bother coming back" as I've ever seen an official article get...
  • Options
    Is he out of contract at the end of this season?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!