Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton v Portsmouth | Sat 30 Jan 2021 *POSTPONED!*

edited January 2021 in General Charlton

Match re-arranged for this Tuesday, 2nd February  |  7pm ko

Pitch unfit. It's been raining, you know. A lot.

Pompey. The team we love to play. 6-pointer. We need to win to stay in the playoffs.

Lee Bowyer: "When you play these sides that are in and around you, a win gives you a mental boost. Every single time we've played Portsmouth, they've been tight games.

Bogle and Smyth gone. Innis & Famewo still not fit. Washington calf strain. Maddison, who knows?
The rest of the troop report for duty.

Comments

• Options
    Postponed.
  • Options
    I bet they hold off on publishing the line up until they know whether the game is going ahead or not. Looking at the pics, if there is only light rain, there must be a fighting chance of clearing the standing water in the dodgy areas.
  • Options
    Tempting fate to start a match thread!
  • Options
    There's been a lot of rain & will continue throughout the match.

Wouldn't surprise me if it's off 
  • Options
    Considering the guff we have played on recently seems a strange decision to me. 
    Must be surface water. 
  • Options
    There's been a lot of rain & will continue throughout the match.

Wouldn't surprise me if it's off 
    It is!
  • Options
    I'm told the ball is rolling but not bouncing. Shame but hopefully get some of the players such as Famewo fitter 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Imagine had it rained this hard prior to Peterborough and Milton Keynes, they would have been called off too
  • Options
    might yet might yet be to our advantage
  • Options
    Still not on the OS.

You know what Henry says ...... it's not true until it's on the OS. :wink:

• Options
    Walt said:
    might yet might yet be to our advantage
    Potentially have Famewo back and fit for when we play, transfer window business will definitely be completed

Just have to hope we have no new damaging injuries
  • Options
    bolox
  • Options
    Imagine had it rained this hard prior to Peterborough and Milton Keynes, they would have been called off too
    It did before Peterborough. The side walkways just off the pitch were flooded. 

• Options
    Feels incredibly depressing. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone want to post the team?

You know, the starting line up that Bowyer would have played?

• Options
    If this is postponed Peterborough entire season should be cancelled, I'm not saying its the wrong decision, its probably not. 
    But both conditions and pitch are better than Peterboroughs. 
  • Options
    A chance for us to get our players fit 
    a chance for us to not have played 10 more games than everyone else
    already sliding down the table with Sunderland leading against Gills (Aiden McGeady scored the first ) 

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Tempting fate to start a match thread!
    I held back later than usual, but had to do it though.

If the pitch had passed inspection, the teams would have been announced way before the Match Thread posted.