Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Way Forward for CAST

This article summaries a recent board discussion about the future financial and strategic approach of CAST and the opportunity to develop more proactive initiatives:

https://www.castrust.org/2021/01/outlining-the-way-forward-for-c-a-s-t/

Comments

• Options
    Very good .. as a suggestion, what about closer liaison with CADSA ... we’ve had a few useful ideas in the past 
  • Options
    Thanks for this @stonemuse - I've dropped you a DM - definitely keen to be in proper contact on this.
  • Options
    This is an excellent article and the views and initiatives put forward show the average fan (me) that CAST really care about the Club and supporters.   I notice that you refer to the BP5 annual fee.   I know I have joined but can't find a recent payment from my accounts.   Can you remind me again how to pay/rejoin, bearing in mind I am in Australia.
  • Options
    Fully agree with previous comments about the high quality of this CAST article and I am proud to be a member. 
    One suggestion I have (apologies if already covered) is to look for new sponsors to come into the club. 
  • Options
    Are there any plans for an update Q&A from Thomas and how he feels the season has panned out so far?
  • Options
    This is an excellent article and the views and initiatives put forward show the average fan (me) that CAST really care about the Club and supporters.   I notice that you refer to the BP5 annual fee.   I know I have joined but can't find a recent payment from my accounts.   Can you remind me again how to pay/rejoin, bearing in mind I am in Australia.
    Have sent you a DM
  • Options
    Gotta love a survey
  • Options
    Excellent article and a timely reminder that I need to pay my subs. For the record, I agree with every bullet point.
  • Options
    Are there any plans for an update Q&A from Thomas and how he feels the season has panned out so far?
    We'd certainly like to, but nothing fixed yet. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    addickson said:
    Excellent article. The harsh fact is that most Supporters Trusts are only set in motion at a time of crisis. The original CAST was set up when the club “seemed” to be stable and I give thanks to the folks who had the foresight to set the ball in motion.

Due to the TS takeover some people might question the need for CAST now. I don’t. A Supporters Trust is very necessary to maintain vigilance over the club and be prepared to take action in the event of the nuclear option. CAST was, but TS taking over the club meant that this was no longer deemed necessary (but to play Devils Advocate here since TS took over we’ve lost our prize asset Dillon Phillips for nowt and sold 2 young players with potential, Bonne and Alfie. Had Roland done that would there have been more than a few murmurings of disquiet?)

One look at the board of CAST would have most businesses salivating at the talent within. But the perception at the moment is that with TS at the helm we are in safe hands.

So, why do we need a Supporters Trust at all? I’d say that it is a very valuable insurance policy for mobilising the fan base if ever things go tits up again. In the meantime in this article CAST have told us about the practical initiatives they are working on, all of which seem to me to be highly laudable. I’m very proud to be a member of CAST.
    CAST was set up at the beginning of those dark days. i would describe the situation as very unstable at the time, there were a lot of whispers coming out regarding Roland's intentions. I do however remember there was a huge problem with getting the wider fan base to support CAST.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    PopIcon said:
    addickson said:
    Excellent article. The harsh fact is that most Supporters Trusts are only set in motion at a time of crisis. The original CAST was set up when the club “seemed” to be stable and I give thanks to the folks who had the foresight to set the ball in motion.

Due to the TS takeover some people might question the need for CAST now. I don’t. A Supporters Trust is very necessary to maintain vigilance over the club and be prepared to take action in the event of the nuclear option. CAST was, but TS taking over the club meant that this was no longer deemed necessary (but to play Devils Advocate here since TS took over we’ve lost our prize asset Dillon Phillips for nowt and sold 2 young players with potential, Bonne and Alfie. Had Roland done that would there have been more than a few murmurings of disquiet?)

One look at the board of CAST would have most businesses salivating at the talent within. But the perception at the moment is that with TS at the helm we are in safe hands.

So, why do we need a Supporters Trust at all? I’d say that it is a very valuable insurance policy for mobilising the fan base if ever things go tits up again. In the meantime in this article CAST have told us about the practical initiatives they are working on, all of which seem to me to be highly laudable. I’m very proud to be a member of CAST.
    CAST was set up at the beginning of those dark days. i would describe the situation as very unstable at the time, there were a lot of whispers coming out regarding Roland's intentions. I do however remember there was a huge problem with getting the wider fan base to support CAST.
    CAST launched on 5 Dec 2012, before any Charlton fans had ever heard of Duchatelet! Got to c1,000 members quite quickly and stabilised more or less at that level until significant increase during the crisis last year - principally when Southall threatened to sue us and after we launched "Our Club" sign-up campaign. 

CAST called and chaired the Woolwich meeting back in Feb 2015 which is maybe what you are remembering?

We aim to be open, transparent and accessible for all fans. Suggestions and comments always welcome.