Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Izale McLeod and Danny Webber

edited July 2007 in Rumours
News of the World says we're trying to sign McLeod for £1.5 mill

People says we are trying to sign Danny Webber for £750k

Comments

• Can anyone tell me anything about them, please? I'm so out of touch with lower league football...
  • Izzy plays for MK Dons in the 4th Division and scored some cracking goals, good touch, etc.

Danny Webber: not good enough for Man Utd (who is?), signed for Watford and now a Sheff Utd reserve.

Marcus Bent, anyone? ;-)
  • that's harsh oggy, you must really despise Webber to compare him to Bent!

Mcleod is a good prospect and despite his attitude issues, he is worth a look. Pards seems to like his players to be a touch on the rough side.
  • [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]that's harsh oggy, you must really despise Webber to compare him to Bent!

LOL! Mart.

No, of course, I don't despise Webber. Now Marcus..... I don't really despise him either, if only he'd got his finger out or whatever it is he should be pulling out.

Webber scored quite a few goals up front for Watford a couple of seasons ago but he's not done much at Sheff Utd.
    But he's 25, strong - and maybe hungry to do well. A Pards' type character, perhaps?

But, personally, I thnk we should be looking at more quality players.
  • edited July 2007
    Funnily enough Oggy i think we have the money to bring to in the quality you talk about but just seem to be struggling in convincing the players.
  • Don't get your hopes up, we have not get any money to sign anyone else I'd hazard a guess. Loan Rangers only from now on I'd wager.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Don't get your hopes up, we have not get any money to sign anyone else I'd hazard a guess. Loan Rangers only from now on I'd wager.

we offered £3.5m for earnshaw so we're not that skint.
  • Within the constraints of whatever budget Pards has been given, I don't think we're that skint either.

Maybe, he's been asked to spend only the income from the sales of Young, Rommers, etc so as to give ample war chest for the January transfer window should big spending prove necessary then.

We should also bear in mind that Prem quality players generally speaking, will only play as a last resort in the CCC if they are not fixed up in the Premier - then that begs the question why they've not already been snapped up.

Sometimes you can get lucky with a hungry Prem squad player who's desperate to play, but most of them won't want to give up fat salaries for CCC level wages.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Don't get your hopes up, we have not get any money to sign anyone else I'd hazard a guess. Loan Rangers only from now on I'd wager.[/quote]

We haven't sold Romm yet...
  • Thanks for the info, Oggy.

Not keen at all on giving MK Dons (franchise football) £1.5M. I'm definitely starting to fear that I'm far too principled for where Mr Pards is taking our club.
  • Sponsored links:

• I would be astonished if we actually bid 3.5 million for Earnshaw, that's silly money and I can't see Murray sanctioning that. Earnshaw hhas been proven not to be Premiership quality so its a dead investment.
  • got to say I'm with weegie on this one in that i really don't want to give that club stealing scumbag Winkleman a penny of our clubs money and there will never be a time when I pay a visit to MK franchise fc.
  • I see Danny Webber has been released by sheff utd.

Would we be able to afford him? Do we want him ?
  • Probs can't afford him, and he could probs do better than us. It's tragic really, because not long ago we'd not have considered going anyplace near him. There's something up with this bloke anyway, he's dribbled down from Man U to freed by Sheff U, and hasn't managed to get a regular starting place anywhere inbetween.
  • Goalscoring record isn't too good, but the odd decent spell. If we could get him I'd imagine he'd score goals in League One.

His goalscoring stats here.