Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Grandkids, don’t you just love em

2»

Comments

• Funny story, but how does that work with Covid rules? Nothing I’d like more than for my parents to see our 6 month old as they have been unable for two months now, but did t think it was possible!?

We are in a child care bubble with my daughter as my my wife and daughter work together and as grandparents we provide child care and home schooling when my daughter works. All within the rules.
    Cheers for the answer. Just know so many people who are seeing grandparent/grandchildren I feel like we’re being naive in following the rules to the letter sometimes. I think the majority don’t have your valid reason to justify mind. 

Good luck protecting the tv!
    Like you, I know many who seem to have ‘generously interpreted’ this childcare bubble angle. My kids adore my parents and it’s massively impacting them not seeing them. 

However, at the end of the day we are not seeing them to protect them. In December I had to take some things over to my folks. Despite the temptation in being there, I wore a mask throughout, left the stuff outside their garage and didn’t get within 15ft of them when having a brief chat. I was 100% fine but My symptoms come through the next day, which I positive tested from. I am so thankful I didn’t ‘just pop in for five minutes’.

I’ve absolutely no doubt @eaststandmike appreciates just how lucky he is still having precious time with his grandkids.
    Think I was just having a wobble after the frustration of seeing so many people ignore rules at Xmas, friends, who I now view in a different light.

My MIL comes over twice a week as part of the ‘under 1 year old bubble’ that ‘survival of the fittest’ asked about above. She can’t physically help due to oesteopharosus (so) but is moral support for my wife at least who has suffered with PND.

I don’t think I expected the fact my parents can’t see our lad would cut me up quite so much at times. Delighted for MIL and love the in-laws to bits but this is their 5th grandchild. It’s my parents first and after all the years it took to happen It really hurts me at certain times that they’ve effectively lost the whole first year that can’t be got back and that’s compounded when you see so many people doing what they want anyway. My parents had to watch their neighbours opposite grandchildren x 3 all turn up Xmas day (the grandparent is a ex nurse too can you believe) whilst they had to miss out on thier grandsons first Christmas.

I know there are plenty of people in similar or much, much worse predicaments, just a bit of a selfish vent I know. 
    Feel for you mate.
  • Wall mounted TVs are your friend
  • Thanks for all the replies, some of them have had me really laughing, especially the pictures.

We took him home this morning and mum & dad both said "has he been good", we didn't want to spoil their day plus have them offering money to replace the TV so me and the wife both looked at them and said, "yes of course, no problems at all".

I have the 9 year old tomorrow for home schooling so I will have to think of reason when he questions the new TV. 
  • Funny story, but how does that work with Covid rules? Nothing I’d like more than for my parents to see our 6 month old as they have been unable for two months now, but did t think it was possible!?

We are in a child care bubble with my daughter as my my wife and daughter work together and as grandparents we provide child care and home schooling when my daughter works. All within the rules.
    Cheers for the answer. Just know so many people who are seeing grandparent/grandchildren I feel like we’re being naive in following the rules to the letter sometimes. I think the majority don’t have your valid reason to justify mind. 

Good luck protecting the tv!
    No problem, we take Covid very seriously both for our own health being in our 60's as well as running the risk of introducing it into the business and forcing it to close. We did not abuse the "childcare bubble" at Christmas either, we all stayed in our own homes which is probably just as well as Curry's click & collect would not have been open Christmas Day  :)