Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Need a bit of Technical advice regarding mobile WiFi / MiFi

Afternoon Gents and Ladies,

Looking for some advice as this is new to me.

I have some guys going to a construcction site in Peterborough in a fortnight and they will be staying in an AirBnB property and the project should take no more than 3 months in total (1 month on, one back home and then a final month on site).  Whilst on site the project manager will need access to his emails as well as sending photos and documentation to us all.  He has a laptop so I am wondering what is the best way for us all to stay in touch.  I understand Three is the best network in that part of the country but should I be looking for a USB Dongle or a MiFi device?

I used to be up on this kinds of stuff but as I no longer travel loads for work this is all a new field and I want to make sure we get it right

thanks in advance

Comments

• I found a dongle more reliable to use 3-4 years back when we had no internet here for a bit but the Mifi device others can connect to it for their use as well and we’ve used one recently (o2 ) and it was decent enough.

I think as long as there’s good reception for Three I’m sure either will work fine and the mifi gives the advantage of multiple users .
  • The other advantage with a Mifi is that if reception is patchy you can put it in the part of the room/site office where reception is best, but not be restricted to sitting there yourself. Although it does mean that you might also want to get a powerbank to provide additional charge for it, in case the place with the best reception happens not to be anywhere near a plug socket.