Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Peterborough v Charlton Athletic | Tue 19 Jan 2021 | 6.30pm KO

edited January 2021 in General Charlton
Tonight we're off to wet and windy London Road (or whatever Micky Mouse name it has now), where we can expect a tough encounter with promotion rivals Peterborough.

Lee Bowyer: “Peterborough will be a very different game to Saturday."
Yep, can't argue with that Bow, Peterboro' have proper goalscoring forwards. And despite, our clean sheet last Saturday, we've otherwise recently shipped in a lorryload of goals.

Should we be afraid? Well, the not too nimble Jason Pearce will no doubt return to skipper the side and organise the defence.
And I should imagine Bow will select the also returning Pratley as midfield enforcer, especially now that it's Albie Morgan's turn to sit in the sin bin.

We've also been promised a return to the squad tonight of the creative Andrew Shinnie.
Usual suspects remain injured.

Charlton: Amos; Gunter, Oshilaja, Pearce (C), Maatsen; Smyth, Pratley, Forster-Caskey, Millar; Bogle, Washington

Substitutes: Harness, Matthews, Gilbey, Williams, Shinnie, Aneke, Schwartz

Thought you'd give the stream a miss tonight, but getting the old match day bug? Just click the link below:
Supporters who are yet to purchase a pass for Tuesday's game can do so here.
Curbs is tonight's guest with Scottie on The Show. Usually starts about 35 mins or so before kick off.If you just want to listen to the commentary of the game from Terry Smith and Greg Stubley, it's available to Valley Pass subscribers in all countries as usual.

Comments

• Options
    Evening Oggster.

Tough one tonight but got a sneaky feeling 
  • Options
    Evening Oggster.

Tough one tonight but got a sneaky feeling 
    Fingers crossed, eh, AFKA?

You know the routine ...... goal up with 5 minutes to go, standing up watching 'cos you can't sit down anymore.
    Added Time, squeaky bum time, tension unbearable, standing in the doorway watching the screen through your fingers. 

C'MON YOU ADDICKS!

• Options
    The wait for the team sheet.....
    Love it.
  • Options
    Evening Oggster.

Tough one tonight but got a sneaky feeling that we will lose 3.1

• Options

Charlton: Amos; Gunter, Oshilaja, Pearce (C), Maatsen; Smyth, Pratley, Forster-Caskey, Millar; Bogle, Washington

Get your live streaming pass for Tuesday game here.

• Options
    Good to see Shinnie back on the bench , shame Famewo isnt 
  • Options
    clive said:

Get your live streaming pass for Tuesday game here.

Well we know it’s Peterborough ? Charlton 0 at ht 
  • Options
    Young keeper Harness on the bench.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Birthday boy Nathan Harness gets a spot on the bench, with Ashley Maynard-Brewer out through concussion protocol. 
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/6007131fa2ef2/team-news-four-changes-as-shinnie-returns-to-the-addicks-squad
  • Options
    Great bench
  • Options
    Not sure anyone predicted that team. 

For me, it's weaker than what we put out at the weekend, but it's still competitive, and we have plenty of options from the bench.

I actually quiet like Smyth and Millar down those wings. Gives Peterborough something to think about. 
  • Options
    Guessing the plan is stay in the game first 60, bring Aneke/Schwartz/Williams/Shinnie on and go for it 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    At least it looks like we've started to play a fixed formation again?

Would like to see Washington run them ragged, rather than "work hard running into space." 
  • Options
    Losing half time.   Draw end of the game.
    Feel sorry for Matthews.
    Pearce and Bogle starting.
    Weakens us up front and at the back. 

• Options
    Not sure anyone predicted that team. 

For me, it's weaker than what we put out at the weekend, but it's still competitive, and we have plenty of options from the bench.

I actually quiet like Smyth and Millar down those wings. Gives Peterborough something to think about. 
    It's the gameplan, innit?

Depends if it works, of course.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bogle and Washington up against their old club. A shame Maddison isn't fit as well. 
  • Options
    For me, Peterborough away, is a game I don't expect to win. I just want to see a performance akin to the last game and a half where we actually look like we have some sort of plan to work to. 
  • Options
    Agree Smyth does need a big game tonight or its U23's for him

• Options
    i think Schwartz should be starting. Bogle/Washington does not fill me with confidence. And, I would like for Williams to start. 
    I hope we don’t go back to being defensive. We need to be on the front foot. 
  • Options
    Bit disappointed to not see either Aneke or Schwartz start.

• Options

At least with Millar playing he can only play one way. On the front foot. So that’s a plus. 
  • Options
    Er. It's certainly a line-up. Going with four strikers is a bold choice. I'm guessing it's Smyth and Millar wide in a 4-4-2. Can't argue it's not an attacking line-up in that respect. It's really nice to see Pratley back in the midfield. him alongside JFC should provide more protection to our defence, which is pleasant. Especially for Pearce. Peterborough are an interesting side to go balls out against given their attacking style, this could either go very well or very badly.
  • Options
    I can see why Williams would be rested as he's had a lot of milage, for him, lately. I hope to see him back in the first XI come the weekend.

I do hope Schwartz will soon be at a point where he can start games. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!