Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match day stream

Can we have a better quality stream.   We are currently getting a low quality stream.   30frames per second.   Normal tv is 60 frames per second.    We pay £10. For two hours coverage.   I think we should have better.  

Comments

• Options
    it was it was very poor, and as you say, not worth a tenner 
  • Options
    Agreed. No way could you see who actually scored our goal. Even with the slow motion you cannot see if Millar actually touched the ball or not.
  • Options
    Is this a parody thread that's gone over my head?
  • Options
    edited January 2021

I beg to differ - £3.33 a point is cracking value!

(yes, it was shit)
  • Options
    Imagine if you were a Bristol Rovers fan and that was your experience 23 times a season! I would imagine that the quality of the product we get for home games is amongst the best in the division. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nadou said:
    The picture quality is down to the home team which admittedly wasn't all that good today. When we are at home it is much much better. And generally the Valley Pass coverage is top class. Scott Minto is an excellent anchorman and his guest analysts are terrific. Brownie was brilliant today (Stevie Brown, doesn't let you down) - intelligent, insightful, funny, informative and articulate. He and Scottie were a great antidote to the negativity that has been going on.
    Absolutely spot on.

I've sat in the comfort of my own home, watched a game live that I would not have otherwise been able to do and thoroughly enjoyed the VP coverage. It's superb and I just can't understand anyone moaning about it.

I do absolutely appreciate if you have been furloughed, or lost your job, or have a young family to provide for then £10 is not an insignificant amount of money. But if you're fortunate not to be in those circumstance , and think that 2 pints of beer can easily cost £10, I really can't see why anyone thinks that price is unreasonable.

Personally, I hope the Valley pass coverage continues long after life goes back to normal (Or as near to it as we can).
  • Options
    It’s £10.... remember the days of listening to clubcall when it was about £10 a minute. Camera work was shit today - thank Bristol Rovers for that. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Imagine if you were a Bristol Rovers fan and that was your experience 23 times a season! I would imagine that the quality of the product we get for home games is amongst the best in the division. 
    Thats the sort of stream they'll get for 45-games a season
  • Options
    Don’t we have to give the home team the money for the first 500 Charlton fan stream purchases? We should withhold the money from Bristol Rovers given the shoddy production they gave us. 
  • Options
    The pictures from the memorial ground were poor, but the bits that WE did were excellent

I imagine that fans of other clubs are quite surprised when they see the multi camera coverage at The Valley
  • Options
    Am I allowed to say that I prefer Steve Brown with Minto to Curbs? 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Am I allowed to say that I prefer Steve Brown with Minto to Curbs? 
    You can say whatever you like, but I'd like a punditry team of 3.
  • Options
    I hadn't realised the commentators weren't at the game

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    £10 a complete rip off
    Seriously. Why?
  • Options
    £10 a complete rip off
    Seriously. Why?
    Because as said, at places like Bristol Rovers today, the quality of the camera work and the technical aspects impacting definition and stream speed just weren’t up to a required standard for a paid service.

Im sure someone like @bobmunro will confirm, there are hundreds of compliancy levels that need to be met by clubs to participate in the league. Health and safety etc 

ifollow and streamed coverage has proved a financial lifeline for Football League clubs. There should be more stringent rules in place to deliver a consistent product to an acceptable level imo 
  • Options
    I was wondering how much we pay Curbs or Brownie to do the Analysis? Any Guesses ? 
  • Options
    £10 a complete rip off
    Seriously. Why?
    We're watching third division football and it seems Bristol Rovers employed somebody as if they were running up and down the touchline filming on their phone.
    Ok its not terrible value, but i see this as no different to PPV which everyone was (rightly) up in arms about!
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    £10 a complete rip off
    Seriously. Why?
    We're watching third division football and it seems Bristol Rovers employed somebody as if they were running up and down the touchline filming on their phone.
    Ok its not terrible value, but i see this as no different to PPV which everyone was (rightly) up in arms about!
    The difference being unfortunately is the fact that the Premier League teams can get away with giving fans all games for free thanks to the television deal they've got - League One and League Two certainly dont anything close to that and if it didnt have ticket sales would be on their knees, as it is they cant have fans in the grounds so have to find their income from somewhere.

To some extent I bet the teams would love to offer these streams for less or free

But they threaten their own existence if they do
  • Options
    I was wondering how much we pay Curbs or Brownie to do the Analysis? Any Guesses ? 
    £500 a match?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    £500 a match?
    That's about what i was thinking. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Live TV coverage of the game. Tick.
    Knowledgeable commentators. Tick.
    In-match replays of major incidents. Tick.
    Pre match preview show. Tick.
    In depth half-time analysis and replays. Tick.
    In depth post-match analysis and replays.  Tick.
    Post match interviews. Tick.

All that for a tenner is absolutely excellent value. As someone said earlier, less than the cost of a couple of pints and something any number of people in your house can watch for the price.

(I still think I'm going to be "Whooshed" here.)

I’m not sure if it really does equate to good value. 

It amounts to about £50 a month for 10 hours of content - circa half of which is not very good quality (the away match footage).