Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2019 Play-off final...CAFC v Sunderland

2»

Comments

• Options
    This is why I don't want to get into the play offs this season. 

Firstly you'll never repeat THAT moment

Secondly imagine if it did happen again not being there & watching it from your living room 

Thirdly we've won our last 2 play-offs there and so the odds will be stacked against us.

Top 2 or nothing. 

Would not affect the odds at all - the previous two play-off victories are completely unrelated.

I would take top 6 right now.
  • Options
    I love the bit at the end where Bielik tells the interviewer that he 'can't wait for next season.'
    He must have known that he wouldn't be playing for us.
  • Options

Secondly imagine if it did happen again not being there & watching it from your living room 

Thirdly we've won our last 2 play-offs there and so the odds will be stacked against us.

Top 2 or nothing. 
    MY My, you are a ray of sunshine aren't you Golfie.

I reckon if anyone could be bothered to look back there would be posts from you before the game moaning that we couldn't possibly win because we won the previous play off final against them ....
  • Options

Top 2 or nothing. 
    Everyone be sure to remind Golfie of this when we finish 9th and he’s apoplectic that we didn’t at least make the top six.
    ...... despite having scored 118 goals in the second half of the season ..... and conceded 119!
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Top 2 or nothing. 
    Everyone be sure to remind Golfie of this when we finish 9th and he’s apoplectic that we didn’t at least make the top six.
    ...... despite having scored 118 goals in the second half of the season ..... and conceded 119!
    Guarenteed we still wont have a 20-goal Striker out of that lot though
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Top 2 or nothing. 

Would not affect the odds at all - the previous two play-off victories are completely unrelated.

And what would you know about odds FFS ...
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Top 2 or nothing. 

I reckon if anyone could be bothered to look back there would be posts from you before the game moaning that we couldn't possibly win because we won the previous play off final against them ....
    Nope that was me , we haven’t got a chance of ever winning a play off final again , Leeds & Sunderland x2 we’ve got to give some back 
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Top 2 or nothing. 

Nope that was me , we haven’t got a chance of ever winning a play off final again , Leeds & Sunderland x2 we’ve got to give some back 
    Oh I know you said it too, but I reckon Golfie wasn't far behind you!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Top 2 or nothing. 

And what would you know about odds FFS ...
    Exactly!

Just because he works in a stable doesn't mean he can ride horses!
    ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:
    Naby Sarr just been booked. 

Reckon they should get him off asap.
    He's been poor this game, he'll never make it in the championship 😉
  • Options
    With the squad we had it’s kinda crazy we even needed the play offs tbh. Across the season as had the likes of Aribo, Taylor, Cullen, Bauer, Bielik, Phillips, Williams, Grant (for a good chunk of the season), Djiksteel.....

Prem / top championship players ..... Christ even Fosu who wasn’t good enough for that squad!

We keep hearing Bows did miracles getting us up - with those players it was a bare minimum tbh!

I don’t think time will be as kind on this team in the ‘punching above their weight’ stakes compared to say Powell and what he did with the squad he had during the first season back in the championship.
  • Options
    With the squad we had it’s kinda crazy we even needed the play offs tbh. Across the season as had the likes of Aribo, Taylor, Cullen, Bauer, Bielik, Phillips, Williams, Grant (for a good chunk of the season), Djiksteel.....

Prem / top championship players ..... Christ even Fosu who wasn’t good enough for that squad!

We keep hearing Bows did miracles getting us up - with those players it was a bare minimum tbh!

I don’t think time will be as kind on this team in the ‘punching above their weight’ stakes compared to say Powell and what he did with the squad he had during the first season back in the championship.
    Things only really came together for that team in the second half of the season I seem to remember, I think we only picked up Williams in the Jan window, and Taylor was out for a chunk injured as well if I remember rightly?
  • Options

Things only really came together for that team in the second half of the season I seem to remember, I think we only picked up Williams in the Jan window, and Taylor was out for a chunk injured as well if I remember rightly?
    Nah Taylor's biggest issue was he got a couple of suspensions - One for the five yellow cards and then a three match ban for that incident with the Accrington goalkeeper.

Grant was the one I remember being injured after having a slight hamstring issue just before Christmas 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    I've just had a nostalgic skim through the match programme.
    At the back, on the long list of the players, we find No 23 BABY Sarr lol  :D .. an unfortunate misprint
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Looking back, this was probably my most special day following Charlton.

I’ve had funnier, more memorable lad days, or better games or atmospheres, but the all round package of the occasion, the drama and, most importantly, being able to share it with all my family, just makes it unbeatable. 

Wonderful day