Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What level of outrage are we at?

Comments

• Dave2l said:
    Looks like we're currently in Charlton outrage tier 2.

You sure it ain’t Tier 5 @Dave2l?
  • 2 -
    purely because I’m not going to the matches. Hard to be angry when within 5 minutes of full time i am doing something else. Completely different than having to travel 2 hours back on the train after a loss.

Still think we will finish top 6, but convinced we will get outclassed in the semi final by a much better side. 
  • edited January 2021
    As my Mum used to say, I'm not angry, I'm disappointed.

I can't identify with this group of players. Even our captain doesn't embody the club spirit, he's not a leader out on that pitch, he's not roaring them on or calling them out. Too many players hiding, putting in sub-par effort, breezing through games. 

And I'm disappointed in LB for the constant tinkering, for which there is no excuse or defense, and the post-match comments which bring everybody associated with the club down in a mud pit of negativity.
  • edited January 2021
    I think recent performances show how important the home crowd can be at The Valley. But it is what it is and the players will just have to lift themselves.

I don't think LB is doing a particularly good job and appears to have got us into a mess. But a couple of quick wins and things will be looking much better, especially as the return of Inniss and Famewo draws closer. And who knows....Millar and Schwartz might also make a difference. 

Outrage Level 2.5 for me. 
  • First went Charlton in 1952 love the club, last night turned off tv at half time so poor and could see no chance of improving.
  • edited January 2021
    First game I have seen and with a foreign commentary that I didn't understand.
    I thought the valley looked marvellous and was happy watching the pictures of the ground til the very end. As for the team, the first 20 minutes were good. We had class and skill and Millar was looking a hot prospect. Their keeper was very good and Accrington grew into the game.

I started to realise all our players looked the same. Theirs were bulkier and different shapes and sizes. More Wiley. I felt I was watching our u23s.

Ours you could imagine as a group of insurance clerks on a commuter train. Then I fell asleep and woke up to see Williams and Maddison on, and Schwartz but desperation had set in. Cool heads were gone, but still the valley looked fantastic at least and maybe that will help us set the bar if some rebuilding is required. 
  • Dave2l said:
    Looks like we're currently in Charlton outrage tier 2.

You sure it ain’t Tier 5 @Dave2l?

Tier 5 is picking up a sofa after pitch invasion

• I'm too old to get outraged by our performances any more. I leave that sort of thing to Santa Jr who's received several PS4 bans for his Charlton related meltdowns this season 

• Sponsored links:

• First game I have seen and with a foreign commentary that I didn't understand.
    I thought the valley looked marvellous and was happy watching the pictures of the ground til the very end. As for the team, the first 20 minutes were good. We had class and skill and Millar was looking a hot prospect. Their keeper was very good and Accrington grew into the game.

I started to realise all our players looked the same. Theirs were bulkier and different shapes and sizes. More Wiley. I felt I was watching our u23s.

Ours you could imagine as a group of insurance clerks on a commuter train. Then I fell asleep and woke up to see Williams and Maddison on, and Schwartz but desperation had set in. Cool heads were gone, but still the valley looked fantastic at least and maybe that will help us set the bar if some rebuilding is required. 
    I didn't think Lee Hendrie's accent was that bad.
    He is a Brummie though...
  • edited January 2021
    First game I have seen and with a foreign commentary that I didn't understand.

I didn't think Lee Hendrie's accent was that bad.
    He is a Brummie though...
    Alright skip 😉. Back on thread, ‘Outrage’? Waste of nervous energy at my time of life.
  • edited January 2021
    Smashed through the outraged ceiling and now settled in calm resigned complacency.  This season is over, I think we have no chance of going up. We have enough (just about) to stay up. So will not let it bother me anymore. He can play who ever, where ever, he likes and I couldn’t care less. Bowyer can call out players, whinge and moan, I couldn’t care less. Ronnie could make Church look like a super star, I couldn’t care less. 

The divisions that Bowyer, is causing amongst fans is also disturbing.I could see this leading to physical confrontations were we attending games. So maybe being locked out is a blessing. 
  • My personal outrage level = dirty protest.

Let's just just say I'm hardly flavour of the month with the wife.
  • Just looking forward to Tuesday and a win to cheer everyone up.

COYA
  • Depends where your start point was at the begining of the season.

For me i always expected this season to be one of containment and build for a push to go up in 2021-2022 Season.....Still expect that to be the plan with Thomas and Bowyer at the helm.

Not happy with things at the moment but thats what i expected so building hopes up for next season with Bowyer in control.
  • Outrage is for wimps and proper football
    managers who have to kick arses now and then
  • Sponsored links:

• My levels have dwindled, but I still think he's in some trouble.
    This is a very good squad for the level we are at. They are not all bad players.
    If he can't get a tune out of them, something will have to change.
  • Im about at DefCom 3 (Wargames was on the other day)
  • This thread could explode 
  • I think it’s gonna get a whole lot worse before it gets better, that’s if it does!
  • I’m very much pro-Bow, but I was talking to a couple of players from another club about it all and they said he’s on a fast track to losing the dressing room... and there ain’t no coming back from it. 
  • That's got to be time... Conceding at least 4 to ROCHDALE who are, sorry were in the relegation zone.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    That's got to be time... Conceding at least 4 to ROCHDALE who are, sorry were in the relegation zone.
    Some times you just say fair enough, but Smyth as a wing back, against a winger? FML
  • At least TS will be happy with all the goals.
  • Hang on... go to the BBC Website on the fotball scores... we are in the play offs. God knows why it has ballsed up.... Has the table after 10 games. (shows how badly we have been since) tbf