Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Colin Bell RIP

2»

Comments

• Options
    Sad day. RIP
  • Options
    A fine athletic player. 

RIP
  • Options
    Great player, never seemed to have an off-day. Not always brilliant - though he sometimes was - but always 100% reliable. RIP Colin. 
  • Options
    R.I.P. Colin , what a player he was.
  • Options
    One of the greatest English midfielders in my lifetime - a truly world class player.

Gone way too soon - RIP Colin.
  • Options
    If Colin Bell hadn't been an international footballer, he would have been an international athlete. He played before the time of analysts but he covered every blade of grass and was the "king of the Kippax" and deserved the nickname of Nijinsky.

Man city adored this talented footballer who's career was virtually over at 29 from a knee injury but not before he had played 394 apps and 117 goals for the blue side of Manchester.  He would have played 500 odd games at least for city if that injury hadn't occurred in a local Derby with United.

Colin already has a stand named after him and his death will not only be mourned by City fans but all football fans of a certain vintage.

RIP Colin. 
  • Options
    RIP Colin, always used to enjoy watching him play. Great skill and loads of athleticism. Another player of yesteryear who would put some of todays 'stars' to shame.
    God bless and thank you Colin. 
  • Options
    I was at Maine road as a young lad, for his come back game against the geordies, his first game for about 18 months. To this day I have never heard a noise like it in a stadium when he came on as a sub... RIP legend.
  • Options
    Great player RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another great player RIP.
  • Options
    colin ‘pigging’ bell

one for the oldies