Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    @flyingkiwiDK I've amended the formatting and put it all in one comment to make it easier to read. Hope that's OK.
    Yeah. Totally. It was quite late in the day when I uploaded the text from the article otherwise I would have done it myself. Thanks!
  • Options
    Which six clubs, I wonder?

Chris Mort at Freshfields = Newcastle?
  • Options
    Nice one for putting that up,it still don’t feel real sometimes that we have struck this lucky with Thomas...can’t wait to get a filled up capacity Valley to give him the hero’s welcome he fully deserves...think he loves us as much as we love him...
    We struck lucky with TS but let’s hope time will show TS struck lucky with Charlton 
  • Options

He said the six best clubs... Would Newcastle be one of those?

eg I hate to say it I initially thought of Palace and Steve Parish but then realised they're thankfully far from being one of the six best!!
  • Options

He worked on the last ownership changes at Liverpool and West Ham as well as Newcastle.  Also worked on a successful challenge to a UEFA Champions League ban, which I think could be Man City.  The Firm also worked on the last Man United change of ownership as well. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sandgaard is due to be on the Price of Football podcast this week.
  • Options
    McKinsey agrees $573m opioid settlement in US - BBC News

The money is to be used to fund drug treatment and other measures aimed at addressing the crisis.

I assume that a lot of this money will go to Zynex with their anti opioid treatments?
  • Options

"It is very simple. There is a lot of pressure on us to move up this year. At least within two years we must be in the Championship (the second best row, ed.). Here I reckon it will take us three to four years to get up in the Premier League. We are already in the process of putting the foundation stones in place. I'm building everything up now. How to run the academy, how to find players. There must be a stronger foundation than so-called elevator teams that move up and then down. We must avoid that scenario. "
    I thought it was this season or bust according to some on here?
  • Options

"It is very simple. There is a lot of pressure on us to move up this year. At least within two years we must be in the Championship (the second best row, ed.). Here I reckon it will take us three to four years to get up in the Premier League. We are already in the process of putting the foundation stones in place. I'm building everything up now. How to run the academy, how to find players. There must be a stronger foundation than so-called elevator teams that move up and then down. We must avoid that scenario. "
    I thought it was this season or bust according to some on here?
    Or, if we think that this season is unlikely, then we have to give ourselves the very best chance next season.

Does this squad and this manager make you think that is likely?  Thomas's self-imposed clock is ticking.