Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Carlisle United v Charlton Athletic 9th jan1971

Does anyone on here know where I can get the goalscorers for this match it ended 1-1 .Looking to get something made up for my brother for his 50th and this is the first league game after his birth TIA

Comments

• Internet. 
  • Carlisle 1 - Martin 72 mins
    Charlton 1 - Bond 55 mins
  • Charlton Team.

Wright, Curtis, Bruck, Moore, Went, Shipperley, Davies, Tracey, Plumb, Bond, Kenning. Sub: Ellis (not used)
  • Acab said:
    Internet. 
    Thanks for that but I was looking for ages and could only get the result not the goalscorers
  • Addickted said:
    Carlisle 1 - Martin 72 mins
    Charlton 1 - Bond 55 mins
    Brilliant much appreciated
  • youngluke said:
    Does anyone on here know where I can get the goalscorers for this match it ended 1-1 .Looking to get something made up for my brother for his 50th and this is the first league game after his birth TIA

We got promoted on this day as well.
  • edited December 2020
    youngluke said:

Have a look for the book ‘Home and away with Charlton Athletic’ you can fill yer boots with team sheets and goal scorers from that - a superb book
  • There is a copy on Amazon for sale
  • youngluke said:

You're 10 years too early!
  • edited December 2020

youngluke said:

Have a look for the book ‘Home and away with Charlton Athletic’ you can fill yer boots with team sheets and goal scorers from that - a superb book
    I have a copy but can’t find it and I needed info ASAP to get something printed
  • Sponsored links:

• I did this for @TelMc32 for his 40th many years ago, Charlton didn’t play on the date of this birth. The games either side, they won 5-0 at home, so got both programs and framed them, included the team list and results.
  • LenGlover said:
    youngluke said:

You're 10 years too early!
    I thought we got promoted everytime we played them.
  • edited December 2020
    I did this for @TelMc32 for his 40th many years ago, Charlton didn’t play on the date of this birth. The games either side, they won 5-0 at home, so got both programs and framed them, included the team list and results.

A really great gift @guinnessaddick . The stars were obviously aligned with the two 5-0 wins...so I was probably the youngest ever glory-hunter!! 👍🏻😂
  • This was the season I watched my first games. Can’t recall too much about Dennis Bond but you can see that the team is in a state of flux. Wright and Treacy were soon to go and we dropped to the third division next season. Looking at the results for this and the preceding and following seasons, there are an awful lot of losses in there and in runs of poor results too. Should have known them I suppose..........
  • Arkwright said:
    This was the season I watched my first games. Can’t recall too much about Dennis Bond but you can see that the team is in a state of flux. Wright and Treacy were soon to go and we dropped to the third division next season. Looking at the results for this and the preceding and following seasons, there are an awful lot of losses in there and in runs of poor results too. Should have known them I suppose..........
    Dennis Bond was a promising youngster from Watford who got his big move to Spurs. After a few years on the fringes at White Hart Lane he moved to us He stayed for a couple of seasons before returning to Vicarage Road. He ended his career at Dagenham. 
  • Richard J said:
    Arkwright said:
    This was the season I watched my first games. Can’t recall too much about Dennis Bond but you can see that the team is in a state of flux. Wright and Treacy were soon to go and we dropped to the third division next season. Looking at the results for this and the preceding and following seasons, there are an awful lot of losses in there and in runs of poor results too. Should have known them I suppose..........
    Dennis Bond was a promising youngster from Watford who got his big move to Spurs. After a few years on the fringes at White Hart Lane he moved to us He stayed for a couple of seasons before returning to Vicarage Road. He ended his career at Dagenham. 
    Dennis Bond, if I remember, was a quiet, not very aggressive midfielder with a decent touch and tidy passing.

He never really stood out though. Nothing gung-ho or extrovert about him. 
    Quite often, you felt the game passed him by.

• Two years previous was my first ever match at home to Carlisle. My youngest son got me the following for Xmas to commemorate it. 
  • Also the programme 
  • @bolloxbolder By chance this just got posted on Twitter by a football memorabilia account. Big crowd! 

• Thanks. A young King Arthur scoring for Newcastle I see,
  • Sponsored links:

• youngluke said:
    Acab said:
    Internet. 
    Thanks for that but I was looking for ages and could only get the result not the goalscorers
    If you go on google and type in Charlton v Any team head to head it will give a list of every match and result in history. I use it a lot.
  • Two years previous was my first ever match at home to Carlisle. My youngest son got me the following for Xmas to commemorate it. 
    That is what I am getting for my brother as Carlisle v Charlton 9/1/1970 was the first league game after his birth
  • Notice than King Arthur scored for Newcastle.

• Cowdenbeath got done as usual....