Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Coalition Against Gambling Ads

12346»

Comments

• Options
    clive said:

Premier League clubs have collectively agreed to withdraw gambling sponsorship from the front of their matchday shirts by the end of the 2025-26 season.

However, after the deadline, clubs will still be able to continue featuring gambling brands in areas such as shirt sleeves and LED advertising.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65260002

"We don't need an independent regulator!"
  • Options
    “When the losing stops , we’ll make you STOP”

• Options
    I think it’s a good step but personally believe they should ban all betting advertising, everywhere.

Their ridiculous slogan, ‘when the fun stops, stop’ people who are addicted can’t stop.
    I’m not defending them by any means but it’s not ridiculous because it doesn’t mean that does it? Clearly it’s not addressing those in the grip of an addiction who, as you say can’t stop. It’s urging those who see it as fun to stop when it stops becoming fun, before they slide into addiction. The gambling companies need to do far more to help gambling addiction, but that’s a different conversation.
  • Options
    I love a bet, it really helps me get more excited about a sporting event. 

I'd forego all the pleasure I get from it in order to rid the world of gambling. It's one of the biggest destroyers of lives out there. I hate how it tears apart families and makes people devious addicts who would betray those they love. 

If banning advertising stops one person who becomes an addict going down that path, it's worth doing. Many people can enjoy a cheeky bet completely harmlessly, many can not. We need to allow people liberty to go about their lives, but still need to help prevent people being exploited. 

I wouldn't allow people to advertise anything that can cause people harm if addicted. I'd add alcohol and fast food to gambling for example 

Put an extra tax on gambling companies too... They're a demerit good and should be taxed accordingly. 

I'll still be placing bets on sport events though.