Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Just went to the gym

edited July 2007 in Not Sports Related
and had a lovely half hour sleep on the sun lounger by the pool.
nice
but still feel rough.

thats it, carry on.

Comments

• Options
    i attempted to go for a run last night, the first bit of exercise since the charity game.

Lasted 15 minus in total.

Including stopping 3 times :-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i attempted to go for a run last night, the first bit of exercise since the charity game.

You're joking?
  • Options
    that is poor... go for another 15 tomorrow !
    i've trained hard every day this week but today was a no no!
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    dan why dont you do a bit of walking. now it sounds very middle aged but i love it.
    we often do the green chain walk from the barrier up to oxleas woods and about, adding bits here and there. its a good way to exercise, especially if you take in shooters hill and then finish up in the pub where all your hard work is undone.

there are some based around your area.
  • Options
    I just got back from the gym myself.

They got a new machine installed. I could only use it for half hour then I had to stop cos I felt sick. Its quality though, Its got Mars bars, Crisps, Kit Kats. Fcuking everything.
  • Options
    My Exercise tip is if you have a dog or know someone who has a dog offer to take that out for a run, great pacemakers & pull you along as soon as you start to flag a bit.

I have been taking a young alsation out with me for my runs over the last few weeks & she is great. Think she is even getting me to go faster without realising.
  • Options
    that's such a top tip-

in my running day's used to take my dog and they are brilliant pacemakers.
  • Options
    I used to take a tennis ball, launch that and chase after it.

The dog used to look bemused
  • Options
    Have swum 20 and then 30 25 metre lenghts this week and will try and make myself go again this PM.

As Joe has now got his 500m certificate he expects me to do at least as much everytime I go. I don't think I'll be able to keep up much longer : -(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i attempted to go for a run last night, the first bit of exercise since the charity game.

You're joking?

sadly not, the first stop embarrassing come after about 400 yards. Had to play it cool and pretend i was stopping to do stretches. Bearing in mind i used to run for Dartford Harriers, i'm really not to sure how i got to end up like this !

Was going to go out again tonight before the pub, but now going straight to pub. Might try an early livener tomorrow to shake the beers off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Road running is a well harsh re-introduction. Fair play for having a go but the idea (I think) is not to go nuts straight away and put yourself off.

To be honest, if I were you I'd get a dog and take that out every night as you can walk and run without looking like a nutter. Can also take the dog down the pub Dan.....

And a dog will never grass you up.
  • Options
    They just told Cuningstunts joke on talksport. Charlton Life - an hour ahead of the game...
  • Options
    get walking

green chain
  • Options
    Started going for a run every morning leading up to the charity game and have carried on since, have lost a lot of timber around my middle. However my weight is still about 17St. If i missed a day I feel bad.
  • Options
    im like that at the moment if i miss a session but obviously not today.

turned into a right gym junkie, but lost no weight either but as i keep telling myself... muscle weighs heavier than fat.
  • Options
    Done a hour row earlier
  • Options
    Do you have to row back now?
  • Options
    No fella,lol!
  • Options
    Curb It - I've never thought of it in terms of weight, it's all about how your clothes feel on you (tight/loose) and how fit you fell - much better indicator than scales.
  • Options
    Yes agree. things are getting looser.
    charlton gym used to do this clever body stat thing. gave you reading on your fat content, lean weight, water content etc. very interesting and a good indicator when training.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah, sounds it. I give our footy team the bleep test about 3 times a season to see how we're all doing. Makes me unpopular though!!

I'm ridiculously unfit at the moment - got injured towards the end of the season and have done little since. I'm starting our pre-season training tomorrow and I'm going to be lagging at the back from the outset!!
  • Options
    Managed to walk up the stairs today.......you lot make me feel tired just reading about you. ;-)
  • Options
    after heavy wedding drinking yesterday and going to the all you can eat buffet at the taste of india in greenwich this lunchtime I will need to go to the gym today.

Must admit I haven't been doing my usual 10k every day as I was but that's as much due to injurys as lazyness.

AFKA , I think you got enough exercise last night throwing shapes on the dancefloor .
  • Options
    I did a 5K run this morning - two laps around the lake and home...

Any feelings I have of being fit were demolished by a triathalon event going on at the same time.
  • Options
    get a bike AFKA -just bought one it is marvellous - get a gel seat though lol
  • Options
    Cycled 15 miles with my Son today along the Thames Path from Charlton to the Thamesmead pumping station, it is actually a really nice ride once you get on to the path proper, saw rabbits in SE18.