Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    You can have the best defenders in the world but if you sit back and try and defend a 1 goal lead , it only needs a deflected shot and you can concede. You have to have a goal threat , getting the two goal cushion can kill the game
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Disappointing response really. He mentioned their winger going past Purrington a couples of times, is it just me that thinks bringing him on at left back when we're winning is a bad idea? Yes Maatsen is decent at left mid but you don't tinker with the defence unless an injury or someone's having a mare. 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Learning from mistakes doesn’t have to mean doing things differently. It can and should mean doing things better. Or all you do is yo-yo between two unsuccessful tactics. 
  • Options
    WE DIDN'T 'KEEP BREAKING ON THEM' LEE FFS
  • Options
    Worrying really. You shouldn't be dwelling on a game 2 years ago to make decisions on. What about the games over the last few weeks ? I really hope we are not winning by 1 goal this weekend with 20 mins to go and the same substitutes happen and the normal result ensures. It could get messy 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    So because of ONE game versus Coventry we've adopted this strategy of trying to cling on for wins, despite the fact that so many times it hasn't worked?
    I remember the Coventry game being irritating as they were not in it and got two late goals. But I don't think we were really going for the win at the end because I think I blamed that partially for the defeat. Bowyer's explanation felt like an excuse to me.

I remember having to see the headmaster a few times when at school and trying to concoct a story that never got you off. If Bowyer is going to look back to a game a couple of years ago, why not look to more recent games too? 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not really what I was looking for it terms of assessment but at least he admitted he’s learning. Why not say that after the game and then relieve a bit of pressure off yourself. That’s better for fans to hear than digging out players.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Actions speak louder than words anyway. Let's not see this sort of thing against weak sides again.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Yes we did.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Disappointing response really. He mentioned their winger going past Purrington a couples of times, is it just me that thinks bringing him on at left back when we're winning is a bad idea? Yes Maatsen is decent at left mid but you don't tinker with the defence unless an injury or someone's having a mare. 
    Nope. Was about to write the same thing before I saw your post.

Purrington is a very weak defensive full back. He copes badly with speed and flair. He's been skinned so many times this season and others.

Doesn't look like the actions of a bloke that's learned much.

• Options
    What a load of old bollox. Bowyer has seriously lost the plot. So, because 2 years ago we let in 2 goals in the last 5 minutes he now thinks it's best to have 6 defenders on the pitch in the dying minutes.......even though it didnt work away to Birmingham, away at Shrewsbury and last week.

As I've said before.......coaching badges are worth jack-shit. 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Hence why he should never bother explaining himself, will never please everyone

The truth will only ever be what the fans decide it'll be
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Leuth said:
    Yes we did.
    After we brought Matthews on? Nuh-uh
  • Options

Has he pleased anyone ?
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Personally I think this is just a bit of PR bollox, I imagine someone at the club has noticed the shitstorm going on with the fans totally pissed off at last weeks tactics & they've decided to address this somehow & LB has come out with this total rubbish about he's learning, well obviously he's not is he ? So end of the day we're going to see the same defensive rubbish & he'll play himself out of a job.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2020

Has he pleased anyone ?
    Good point, you're right, he didnt please anyone when we got promoted...

Out of curiosity if he doesnt go with the same defensive rubbish, will you and other fans happily admit you were wrong?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Redrobo said:
    Leuth said:
    Yes we did.
    Matthews came on in the 72nd minute... Read the minutes against Louis' tweets?
  • Options
    So because of ONE game versus Coventry we've adopted this strategy of trying to cling on for wins, despite the fact that so many times it hasn't worked?
    To be fair, I don't think he's actually saying that so much as using it as an example of the scenario when he makes that change
  • Options
    Not an overly convincing explanation.
  • Options
    To be fair, I don't think he's actually saying that so much as using it as an example of the scenario when he makes that change
    Exactly, same when he used Scunthorpe two years ago to describe the Burton result
  • Options
    Can’t wait for Russell Slade to come back in 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Redrobo said:
    Leuth said:
    Yes we did.
    Yes we did.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Can’t wait for Russell Slade to come back in 
    Be patient.

• Options
    Has he ever come out and given explanations like that before?

I’m wondering if Sandgaard has seen all the negative comments and encouraged him to do so.

Still isn’t a good explanation but it is communication and I think TS believes in the importance of communication.