Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• That is a very unfortunate way to get out!
  • 135 all out 
    5 wickets for Bess 
  • Crawley trying to get run out 🙄 but survives 
    Test match run outs straight red 

8-0
  • SL batting was awful.
    2 out to reverse sweeps.
    We bowled well enough, but surely this is a 300 minimum 1st innings wicket.
  • Saved the follow-on by tea on day one.  Good start..!
  • 10-1

Sibley caught behind.
  • 17-2

Crawley caught.
  • WTF was that shot?
  • edited January 2021
    It's starting to look like a challenging first innings score.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2021
    More solid batting at the Big Bash today than the Test...
  • Some beautifully bad cricket played today!
  • Proper trophy  :D

• Bumble pauses his commentary so he can go and collect the bins. 
  • 127 for 2 - trail by 8.  Stumps day 1. 
  • I'm torn here. I want Bairstow to do well but I dont want him to move above Burns, Pope, Lawrence or Foakes in the pecking order.

He's proven he isnt good enough multiple times and those above don't (or don't yet) have internationally recognised glaring flaws in their technique. It'd be like bringing Ballance back now.

Having said that I reckon a slow spinning wicket suits Bairstow and he is one of our better players of spin so does suit this winter. In England/Aus I wouldn't want him in consideration.
    But then Bairstow's technique WAS fine, it just went down the pan when he started turning himself into a top white ball player. Maybe he can rediscover his previous way of playing
  • He's for sure going to have a lump on his ankle in the morning! 
  • I'm torn here. I want Bairstow to do well but I dont want him to move above Burns, Pope, Lawrence or Foakes in the pecking order.

He's proven he isnt good enough multiple times and those above don't (or don't yet) have internationally recognised glaring flaws in their technique. It'd be like bringing Ballance back now.

Having said that I reckon a slow spinning wicket suits Bairstow and he is one of our better players of spin so does suit this winter. In England/Aus I wouldn't want him in consideration.
    But then Bairstow's technique WAS fine, it just went down the pan when he started turning himself into a top white ball player. Maybe he can rediscover his previous way of playing
    At the risk of losing the world class limited overs player he is? I'd really rather he stayed as he is and helped our one day side.
  • Sponsored links:

• Proper trophy  :D

Can’t we afford new kits? Roots has been washed so often they are yellow

He is already above flakes and unfortunately always will be. Agree with the other 3 
  • Nobody watching today? England have progressed serenely to 247-3. Root 123*, debutant Lawrence 55*. Bairstow was out in the second over of the day, but no further wicket since then. 
  • Not surprised by Lawrence performance here.  Followed his career & always thought he'd be a top test match batsman. 

Some awful Sri Lankan bowling has helped too!
  • Yep, Sri Lanka have been woeful so far (as a catch goes down off a leading edge from Lawrence). Keep going Dan
  • Go Dan! Glad that Root is cashing in as well
  • From the BBC 

That is the record partnership for England for any wicket at Galle - beating the 114 Root and Bairstow put on in this match.
  • Not surprised by Lawrence performance here.  Followed his career & always thought he'd be a top test match batsman. 

Some awful Sri Lankan bowling has helped too!
    Like Crawley his first class average is not what you would call great , but he definitely has ‘it’