Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

DHOTYA 2020

Comments

• Options
    Feminism Suffragettes now into 7/4!!!!

6/1 was ridiculous value. It’s a good job they had £10 max bet cos the bloke that priced them up would be getting his P45. 
  • Options
    Some of those are brilliant. 

A perfect example of why Twitter should be shut down/remain open. 

Full of shit, but great content. 
  • Options
    Not sure the Britney one should count. More of a case of stupidity than bullshit. 
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    Who won? 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    MrOneLung said:
    Who won? 
    No one yet... Its currently the Group Stages of voting

Advancing from the Groups are:

Group A : Coco Pops and Disney
    Group B : Feminism, Suffragettes and Kissed a Tory
    Group C : He's only 8 and NHS
    Group D : "A woman always knows" and Donald Trump
    Group E : £34 cough and Exit Polls in Iowa
    Group F : The Voiceless and Stank
    Group G : Mandela and Ripping the Tories
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:
    I’ve a feeling Feminism, Suffragettes is going to stroll this tournament.

Had me howling with laughter when I first read it 
    Yeah I hope so. Especially as, as my mate pointed out, it’s really difficult to chant those two words in a remotely rhythmic way.
  • Options
    The first 3 are much stronger than Britney - that feels like her just being thick and getting distances wrong, the other 3 are classic DHOTY, obvious bollocks spouted to try and get attention/likes etc on social media and make some ridiculously heavy-handed point.

Feminism, suffragettes v the Voiceless for the win for me.
  • Options
    surely these are just wind ups (not Britney) and posted for effect ?
  • Options
    The first 3 are much stronger than Britney - that feels like her just being thick and getting distances wrong, the other 3 are classic DHOTY, obvious bollocks spouted to try and get attention/likes etc on social media and make some ridiculously heavy-handed point.

Feminism, suffragettes v the Voiceless for the win for me.
    Britney has suffered from mental health issues for ages now and I think her grasp of reality has led to her genuinely thinking that she's run (not) 100m in (not) 5 seconds. Her father still has control over her finances and activities and all that, which must be taking its toll. I don't think she's doing it knowing it's obvious bollocks. Her situation is quite sad.

Got to be "He's only 8" for me. What a load of pretentious twaddle.
  • Options
    He's only 8 is my favourite - so many different levels of nonsense caught in so very few words.

• Options
    The Eastbourne Echo wins for me. ‘He’s going to be a future leader of the country’ 😂😂
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m not sure I even understand the Britney one, do people think she’s claiming to have run 100m in 6 seconds? And what was she actually trying to say? 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    I’m not sure I even understand the Britney one, do people think she’s claiming to have run 100m in 6 seconds? And what was she actually trying to say? 
    Yes she was, I presume she just messed up the distance she thought she was running in a workout.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Yes she was, I presume she just messed up the distance she thought she was running in a workout.
    So she ran about 10-20 meters (God knows how fast Britney Spears can run, it’s something I’ve literally never thought about before) and thought that was her workout? The whole thing is so confusing. 
  • Options
    Perhaps she ran 100ft in 6 seconds.
    Either way I think it’s more likely she just got the numbers wrong.

Where as the other 3 are just outright lies made up for social media. Wrong ‘uns.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    So she ran about 10-20 meters (God knows how fast Britney Spears can run, it’s something I’ve literally never thought about before) and thought that was her workout? The whole thing is so confusing. 
    Something like that I guess, but more likely it was part of a workout not just a 6 second workout!

However it happened it just doesn't have the twattishness of the other 3.
  • Options
    Oh definitely, the others are absolute madness. 
  • Options
    I thought the six year old in Asda deserved it even if it was for the myriad of spelling mistakes. 
  • Options
    Britney 4th
    ”He’s only 8” 3rd

Voting in the final currently just over an hour left,
    the voiceless is beating feminism 55/45
  • Options
    Apparently "feminism, suffragettes" was an entry made up to win DHOTYA and to piss football fans off, so I think that rather invalidates it as an entry, especially as its author is encouraging people to vote for it.