Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lee Bowyer reveals pre-match calls to Charlton owner Thomas Sandgaard

2»

Comments

• The timing of this story breaking before todays game was near perfect 
  • MattF said:
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/its-good-to-talk-lee-bowyer-reveals-pre-match-calls-to-charlton-owner-thomas-sandgaard/

Lee Bowyer has started making pre-match calls to Thomas Sandgaard so that the Charlton owner is fully clued up on their tactics.

The Dane has flown back to his Colorado home after jetting in to watch Saturday’s 5-2 win over AFC Wimbledon at The Valley.

And Addicks manager Bowyer has revealed a new approach when Sandgaard is in the States and streaming the matches.

“I speak to him the day before the game so I can explain what we’re trying to do,” said the Charlton boss. “So that when he watches it makes more sense than just watching a game of football. I mentioned about us doing it a couple of weeks ago – he said that would be great and that he might learn a thing or two.

“It paints a picture. It doesn’t always come off, but two or three of the goals in the Wimbledon game was stuff we worked on. By talking it through it makes more sense when he sees us playing a certain way or doing certain things.”

Reminds me of another owner in our recent past....

Except that in the article Bowyer says that it was his idea to do it, and I don't remember Roland feeling he might learn a thing or two about football
    Well, that could just be Bowyers spin on it. Or something they agreed he could say. 
  • MattF said:
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/its-good-to-talk-lee-bowyer-reveals-pre-match-calls-to-charlton-owner-thomas-sandgaard/

Lee Bowyer has started making pre-match calls to Thomas Sandgaard so that the Charlton owner is fully clued up on their tactics.

The Dane has flown back to his Colorado home after jetting in to watch Saturday’s 5-2 win over AFC Wimbledon at The Valley.

And Addicks manager Bowyer has revealed a new approach when Sandgaard is in the States and streaming the matches.

“I speak to him the day before the game so I can explain what we’re trying to do,” said the Charlton boss. “So that when he watches it makes more sense than just watching a game of football. I mentioned about us doing it a couple of weeks ago – he said that would be great and that he might learn a thing or two.

“It paints a picture. It doesn’t always come off, but two or three of the goals in the Wimbledon game was stuff we worked on. By talking it through it makes more sense when he sees us playing a certain way or doing certain things.”

Except that in the article Bowyer says that it was his idea to do it, and I don't remember Roland feeling he might learn a thing or two about football
    Well, that could just be Bowyers spin on it. Or something they agreed he could say. 
    True, but until that story emerges I'll take the current story at face value
  • MattF said:
    MattF said:

Do you believe in Lee Harvey Oswald being the lone gunman as well.....😂
  • MattF said:
    MattF said:

Does one imply the other then
  • MattF said:
    MattF said:

Of course.
  • hi thomas

after 70 minutes I’m going to take off attacking players for more full backs and let the opposition attack is for 20 minutes.

it was a successful tactic i employed last season
  • hi thomas

after 70 minutes I’m going to take off attacking players for more full backs and let the opposition attack is for 20 minutes.

it was a successful tactic i employed last season
    But what if the opposition are dog shite? 

Same tactic. People who think it is wrong, don't understand football like I do!