Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

🎄CHRISTMAS TV FILM WATCH 2020 🎅

edited December 2020 in Not Sports Related

Here we go again - It's Chiiiisssttttmmmaaasss ! 

This year its three from free to air TV and three from Satellite/Cable/Streaming TV . 

FRIDAY 18TH OF DECEMBER 
----------------------------------------------------------------------

9.00PM        -               5STAR      -             SNATCH     ( Recommended film of the day)

9.00PM         -              FILM 4       -             DEADPOOL 

9.00PM         -              SONY MOVIES       -       DRIVE 

12.50AM       -              SKY CINEMA GREATS      -        MUNICH 

9.00PM           -            TCM MOVIES            -          ROCKY lV

8.00PM        -               SKY CINEMA FAMILY          -        THE GOONIES 

I have a movie twitter page if anyone want's to follow it  http://www.twitter.com/MoviePolls4U  

Comments

• Options
    Love these Threads , always useful and a great source debate.
  • Options
    edited December 2020

Here we go again - It's Chiiiisssttttmmmaaasss ! 

This year its three from free to air TV and three from Satellite/Cable/Streaming TV . 

FRIDAY 18TH OF DECEMBER 
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

9.00PM        -               5STAR      -             SNATCH     ( Recommended film of the day)

9.00PM         -              FILM 4       -             DEADPOOL 

9.00PM         -              SONY MOVIES       -       DRIVE 

12.50AM       -              SKY CINEMA GREATS      -        MUNICH 

9.00PM           -            TCM MOVIES            -          ROCKY lV

8.00PM        -               SKY CINEMA FAMILY          -        THE GOONIES 

I have a movie twitter page if anyone want's to follow it  http://www.twitter.com/MoviePolls4U  

Whats the point of recommending 4 films that are starting at the same time? You will have to introduce a recommended recommendation of your recommendations next!!!

• Options
    Got my eye on Munich. Great film
  • Options
    Now it feels like Christmas!
  • Options
    Beds. I'll be amazed if you can find me something to watch after the hours and hours of TV I've consumed these poxy past 9 months!!

;-)

Sure you will though.

Merry Christmas.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Now it’s Christmas! 

Don’t own a tv, yet still love this thread every year. 

Drive is a superb recommendation. 
  • Options
    Yayyyy it’s back 

Snatch and Goonies for me 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Rocky IV is simultaneously the worst and the greatest Rocky movie of all time. I love it. Went and saw at the cinema a few weeks back. 

It's the worst because it's directly out of the MTV generation. It's like 5 pop videos stitched together. During the No Easy Way Out montage (a song that Robert Tepper pretended he had written for the movie, but had in fact completed a few months earlier, and it's about his divorce, not a boxer who lost a friend), Rocky has a series of flashbacks, going back about ten years, and he even reminisces about the scene before he got in the car and started reminiscing. Also, Paulie's robot. He manages to reprogram AI in a way no human has before or since. Interestingly, there's some guy who was making these robots to help autistic children. Stallone found out about them and felt compelled to write them into his movie. 

Stallone is, as I type, creating a new version of Rocky IV so he can remove the robot and add some unseen footage. It could very well make Rocky IV the greatest movie of all time. 

Anyway, out of that list, I am voting for Drive. 

• Options
    IT'S CHRISTMAS!!!!

• Options
    Starting 10 days of self isolating today as stepson tested positive so this thread will be a god send. Thanks Beds👍
  • Options

SATURDAY 19TH of DECEMBER 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

6.25PM             -              FILM 4       -                        THE TERMINAL  

9.20PM             -              CHANNEL 4          -              FORREST GUMP 

12.25AM           -               BBC1          -                       NOTES ON A SCANDAL

On Demand       -            AMAZON PRIME         -          SOUND OF METAL   
    ( Recommended film of the day)

9.00PM             -             SKY CINEMA CHRISTMAS           -          BAD SANTA 

8.00PM             -             SKY CINEMA ACTION            -             PREDATOR 

• Options
    Starting 10 days of self isolating today as stepson tested positive so this thread will be a god send. Thanks Beds👍
    Get a test. Result back in 24hrs and if negative you are back in the game.
  • Options

6.25PM             -              FILM 4       -                        THE TERMINAL  

9.20PM             -              CHANNEL 4          -              FORREST GUMP 

12.25AM           -               BBC1          -                       NOTES ON A SCANDAL

9.00PM             -             SKY CINEMA CHRISTMAS           -          BAD SANTA 

8.00PM             -             SKY CINEMA ACTION            -             PREDATOR 

The Terminal is great fun 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You cant beat Predator...one of my favourites
  • Options

I note you slip in one of the few feature films ever to mention Charlton - well done sir!     
  • Options
    WHAddick said:
    You cant beat Predator...one of my favourites
    What the hell are you?

What the hell are you?
  • Options
    Thanks for doing this again. 
  • Options

I note you slip in one of the few feature films ever to mention Charlton - well done sir!     
    Wassat, Predator or Bad Santa?
  • Options
    I think this might be the first time I've ever had to Google one of your recommendations Beds. Never heard of The Sound of Metal until this morning. Sounds interesting. 

👍🏻

• Options

Nice choices there, although I haven’t seen sound of metal. 
    Christmas wouldn’t be Christmas without your efforts. 
  • Options
    YAY, automatic Promote (like the Golden Button on Britain’s Got XFactor)
    Blimey that was quick. This fellas been trying for ages  😪 
    https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/85302/rolling-reels-charlton-match-highlights-thread#latest

Yesss, Promote the up-the-valley one :) 
  • Options
    This thread signals the official start of Christmas