Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Made me wonder if Charlton players read this forum

Here's quite a funny blog by a lower league Scottish footballer on reading the fans' forums. 

https://lowerleagueramblings.com/2020/12/14/the-fan-forum/

Any Addicks players (or their parents) reading? 😉

Comments

• Options
    I’m sure they do
  • Options
    I wonder if Thomas does?
  • Options
    Didn't Morgan Fox dad have an account on here? Or am I imagining that 🤔
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Leon Court did didn't he? 
    Yeah he definitely came on here to say Goodbye

Sergio Leite posted on here for a bit didnt he - the Portuguese Goalkeeper, although think that was after he left
  • Options
    yeah maddad or something 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thomas is a big fan of CL but thinks Leuth is a bit hyper, doesn't read the non-Charlton threads other than the cover to covers, which he thinks should feature more heavy rock, and can't work out how promotes work.
    Whilst on the subject, what are promotes and how do they work?
  • Options
    Thomas is a big fan of CL but thinks Leuth is a bit hyper, doesn't read the non-Charlton threads other than the cover to covers, which he thinks should feature more heavy rock, and can't work out how promotes work.
    A Promote is a moderator tool to recognise and ‘promote’ what’s perceived to be a standout / quality contribution. Idea is to generally encourage better quality contributions. If you look at the points system applied, Likes and Lols generate 1 point, a Promote is worth 5.

You don’t have any Jimmy.

:-) 
    I have lost count of the posts I have made worthy of a promote.....and yet nothing, nowt, nada, nix, zilch.
    The whole promotes charade is farcical.
    I am a victim of power hungry activists operating at the highest level of forum etiquette.🖕🖕🖕
    Must be like the Masons you have to post the verbal equivalent of a Masonic handshake to get one...
  • Options
    A Promote is a moderator tool to recognise and ‘promote’ what’s perceived to be a standout / quality contribution. Idea is to generally encourage better quality contributions. If you look at the points system applied, Likes and Lols generate 1 point, a Promote is worth 5.

You don’t have any Jimmy.

:-) 
    I have lost count of the posts I have made worthy of a promote.....and yet nothing, nowt, nada, nix, zilch.
    The whole promotes charade is farcical.
    I am a victim of power hungry activists operating at the highest level of forum etiquette.🖕🖕🖕
    Same
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Yeah I reckon some do, maybe even prospective new players, who want to see what sort of ‘vibe’ the fans are giving out, and whether this is a happy place to be.

Or if they don’t read it, I bet their agents keep tabs on it.
  • Options
    Players 100% read fan forums. Maybe not all the players, but many will, then they'll discuss what fans are thinking on WhatsApp or whatever similar messaging vehicle they're using. And sometimes it's taken to heart, sometimes it isn't, but players by and large have respect for what fans of particularly clubs Championship and below are saying and thinking on forums (rather than Twitter/FB/mainstream social media). I know a lot of the Chelsea loanees do it, for instance.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    That's a great blog post
  • Options
    Thank you @Chunes

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Players 100% read fan forums. Maybe not all the players, but many will, then they'll discuss what fans are thinking on WhatsApp or whatever similar messaging vehicle they're using. And sometimes it's taken to heart, sometimes it isn't, but players by and large have respect for what fans of particularly clubs Championship and below are saying and thinking on forums (rather than Twitter/FB/mainstream social media). I know a lot of the Chelsea loanees do it, for instance.
    I’m not sure a couple of Chelsea loaness is a big enough sample size to say lots of players read fans forum. I imagine twitter is the go to place to be to read about yourself.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    I’m not sure a couple of Chelsea loaness is a big enough sample size to say lots of players read fans forum. I imagine twitter is the go to place to be to read about yourself.
    Well, if they're reading while out on loan, and know a lot of their teammates do, and then a lot of people at their parent clubs are also saying that this happens, I don't think it's too unreasonable to extrapolate.

As for what AFKA says, he's bang on - it can't be good for one's mental health surely. 
  • Options
    yeah maddad or something 
    Indeed - a top man, when fox left he dropped a signed match worn Charlton shirt and a couple of Sheffield Wednesday bits off to my house for my youngest son. 
    Has little legs offered you a £1 yet for the shirt
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    Maddad was a good poster on here as Morgan came through the youth - good, insightful posts.  Always thought he must have been very balanced to read some of the shit posted about his son when he was playing for us and not bite.

I would imagine some of the players check in occasionally and still think @Sage is Bowyer as he always calls team selections right in the pre game analysis threads.  

Don't we also have an ex scout in @Tutt-Tutt ?

Svensson went on net Addick’s late one night to claim he wasn’t going to Udinese. I wouldn’t mind, no one had mentioned he was. 

You mean, Net Addicks didn't actually have anyone ITK ....... ?   :smile: