Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Accrington now on Sky Friday 8th January

Comments

• Options
    As good as it is to see us on Sky.

I dont think many people want to see Charlton v Accrington on Sky lol, hardly a blockbuster game 🤣🤣
  • Options
    Due to broadcast regulations, the game will not be available to view on Valley Pass Live in the UK and Ireland or any country which has a broadcast deal in place.
    Good news: Thailand doesn't have a broadcast deal so I can watch it on Valley Pass.
    Bad news: it starts at 2:45am so I won't be watching.
    More bad news: we're nearly always crap when our games move due to TV.

• Options
    The way Accy are playing it could be a top of the table clash.
  • Options
    The way Accy are playing it could be a top of the table clash.
    That'll be why SKY have selected it, point behind us and a game in hand

Could easily be above us come that game...

Especially as we'll be coming off the back of away games at Peterborough and Hull
  • Options
    Why give £10 to Sky when you can give our club the money and watch our very own show? Loved it on Saturday
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why give £10 to Sky when you can give our club the money and watch our very own show? Loved it on Saturday
    Exactly, much rather watch the Charlton TV production than commentary and punditry from people who probably (depending who is on) couldn't care less about Charlton or Accrington
  • Options
    Because you can't on this occasion.
    Oh, didn't see that  - well that sucks. Can we use our team on Sky Sports instead?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Fucks over all those of us without Sky and with all the Tier bollocks the pub won't be an option either.
    You could always nip over to France or Belgium to watch it, Len? :smile:

• Options
    Oh, didn't see that  - well that sucks. Can we use our team on Sky Sports instead?
    Please no.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Exactly, much rather watch the Charlton TV production than commentary and punditry from people who probably (depending who is on) couldn't care less about Charlton or Accrington
    Don't agree. Sky's broadcasting is farrrrrrrr better than VP, and thats with the very recent upgrade. Also I pay for Sky Sports so for me I wont be needing to use my CAFC Cash like I would have done if I had to watch the match on VP............win / win.
  • Options
    I hope the club have said to Sky:

"Yes, we'll move our game for you to broadcast.

But you've got use our presenter. He worked for you for a number of years until a few months ago so you'll be used to him.

We choose the guests too. A couple of our former managers have appeared regularly on your coverage so we assume you'll be OK with them.

Oh, and you must use our commentators as well.

Other than that, fill yer boots!"
  • Options
    As long as one pundit is white , one pundit is black, one pundit is brown  and the presenter is a female in a wheelchair.
    What none of them from the LGBT community? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As long as one pundit is white , one pundit is black, one pundit is brown  and the presenter is a female in a wheelchair.
    What none of them from the LGBT community? 
    They only get one weekend. That was last week.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    There are far more likely to be Charlton related pundits than Accrington ones! Apart from the geography, I'm really struggling to name a famous ex player with Accrington connections
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Please no.
    Make sure you're connected to Sky in the new gaff mate.
    I'll be over for 19.30
  • Options
    MattF said:
    There are far more likely to be Charlton related pundits than Accrington ones! Apart from the geography, I'm really struggling to name a famous ex player with Accrington connections
    No idea, anyone know what the current situation is around TV rights i.e. is there a minimum number of games each league one club has to be shown on TV like there is in the Championship?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    MattF said:
    Don't agree. Sky's broadcasting is farrrrrrrr better than VP, and thats with the very recent upgrade. Also I pay for Sky Sports so for me I wont be needing to use my CAFC Cash like I would have done if I had to watch the match on VP............win / win.
    So good to hear from a happy Golfie. :smile:

You're all right. Shame about the rest of us though!

Just getting my own back after not being able to go to the Wimbledon match due to being in tier 3. People didnt seem to care then.......lots of  "I've got my ticket even though I'm not a ST holder & only having 100 loyalty points..."
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Please no.
    Make sure you're connected to Sky in the new gaff mate.
    I'll be over for 19.30
    You do know you cant take the money with you mate
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Bumble?

OK, he's cricket not football but I can't think of anyone else.

He'll be entertaining if nothing else.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    MattF said:
    No idea, anyone know what the current situation is around TV rights i.e. is there a minimum number of games each league one club has to be shown on TV like there is in the Championship?
    Probably no obligation at all. Do Sky show 12 L1 games every season, which is the minimum needed to show every club?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Fucks over all those of us without Sky and with all the Tier bollocks the pub won't be an option either.
    Now TV day pass is £9.99 so same as if you were buying VP for the game.
    Get yourself a discount code for it.
  • Options
    The boozers will be packed for this one.