Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Congratulations Todger

2»

Comments

• Options
    I used to have a customer called Ivor Pyle. 
  • Options
    Ramon Mycock was the funniest I've ever come across - Was working for an Insurance Company years ago, when his insurance claim came through to one of the team who had to call him up etc. 
  • Options
    Not sure how it was spelt, but was once lectured on the benefits of timber construction by a Scandinavian expert with the name Rolf Orskenbach. 
  • Options
    Ramon Mycock was the funniest I've ever come across - Was working for an Insurance Company years ago, when his insurance claim came through to one of the team who had to call him up etc. 
    david brent on Twitter Im not gay In fact I can honestly say Ive  never come over a little queer httptco15oEB6mY
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    _MrDick said:
    I’ve always found the name Bernt Haas an amusing name

Or even Hugh Jaas.
    Does Samantha Janus have a brother named Hugh?
  • Options
    I used to work with an American called Joseph J jochman jnr. Always made me laugh. 
  • Options
    Waiting at an airport, there was a an urgent passenger call over the P.A. system for a Gunther Schlitter.

Lets just say the person on the mic didn't exactly emphasise the L in Schlitter.
  • Options
    I had a plumber who introduced his female mate as Todger Dodger.
  • Options
    We met a great "Mike" on holiday one year, swapped business cards and agreed to keep in touch with them - yep, Michael Hunt. Also, I worked with a Wayne King.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    An auntie of mine married to be Mrs Knight, her maiden name was Day.

An old mate of mine, his surname was Castle.  Before I lost touch with him he was due to become a father, his girlfriend's christian name was Sandy.  I often wonder if they got married.
  • Options
    An auntie of mine married to be Mrs Knight, her maiden name was Day.

An old mate of mine, his surname was Castle.  Before I lost touch with him he was due to become a father, his girlfriend's christian name was Sandy.  I often wonder if they got married.
    That reminds me of someone my mother knew called Anne, who then married someone called Mr Drew to become Anne Drew...
  • Options
    Cracking thread.
  • Options
    Got a good friend - Tracey, she married a Mr Tracey
  • Options
    Isn't Lewis Page's fiancee called Paige?
  • Options
    A friend of mine is called Alex (Alexandra), her boyfriend is also called Alex
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    In my stockbroking days we had a client called Fanny Belcher
    I also remember a client holding vast quantities of British Govt. Securities called Fanny Hare.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    We met a great "Mike" on holiday one year, swapped business cards and agreed to keep in touch with them - yep, Michael Hunt. Also, I worked with a Wayne King.

Mate at school was called Martin Curr, but we all called him Wayne.
  • Options
    My neighbour is Mr Ugly, he has two daughters, Very and Extremely.

Ok ok I made that up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Worked with a woman called Di Young. She told me she was always known as Diane until she got married, then she started encouraging people to call her Di because she found it amusing.
    She also told me a story of how she and her husband met an American couple and the husband introduced themselves by saying “Hi, my names Mel Stein and this is my wife Phyllis.”
    Di said she and her husband pissed themselves laughing, but the Steins were utterly oblivious.
  • Options
    I know of a Chinese student who came to the UK for education, who thought she would anglicise her name by calling herself Fanny Kok. It didn't take her long to realise that she ought to choose something different.
  • Options
    I have a friend called Mark Hunt. That's not a funny name unless there's a young lady shouting out ..'Has anyone seen Mark Hunt'. Which has happened on a number of occasions in the past
  • Options
    True story: A friend of mine hired a number of airline IT engineers, one of whom was a West African whose first name was Shittu.  His surname, by hilarious coincidence was also Shittu.  

My friend filled in Shittu's details (including his middle initial, 'O') on the company's HR database.  A few hours later, someone from HR rang him... 

'Hi, this new guy you have hired, I need to ask a quick question about him' 

'Which one?' 

'Shittu O Shittu' 

'OK. What do you need to know?'

'We're running a sweepstake on him in the HR department. And we need you to confirm whether he's Nigerian or Irish'
  • Options
    A friend of mine is called Alex (Alexandra), her boyfriend is also called Alex
    When my son Charlie lived at home, he had a girlfriend called Charley.

I'd get home from work and call out up the stairs, "Are you home, Charlie?
    "Yeah", he'd answer. "Me too", came Miss Charley's voice.

I always called her Charley Too.