Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton v AFC Wimbledon | Sat 12 Dec 2020

edited December 2020 in General Charlton
Back to The Valley today for the lucky 2,000 who've got tickets.

Charlton Boss Lee Bowyer: “Wimbledon are difficult to break down. They beat Peterborough the other week. They’ve got Pigott up top who is a handful, they have a lot of energy in midfield. We’ll have to be patient on Saturday. That’s the word I’ll be using to the players - 'patience'."

Patience? Is Lee Bowyer turning into Russell Slade? We've stumbled a bit since the 7 clean sheets/6 wins of the winning run that propelled us from League stragglers into the playoff positions - but we're still 6th in the table. Today would be a good time to improve on that.

Bow says Wimbledon "have a lot of energy in midfield" ...... and perhaps it's in midfield that we have to ensure that we match that energy ourselves.

Along with Inniss and Alfie spanner, we know that Shinnie is unfit.

Charlton: Amos, Gunter, Pearce, Pratley, Maatsen, Watson, Forster-Caskey, Gilbey, Maddison, Washington, Bogle.

Subs: Maynard-Brewer, Purrington, Oshilaja, Williams, Aneke, Matthews, Levitt.

Don't forget you can watch the game on stream:
Supporters who are yet to purchase a pass for Saturday's game can do so here.

It's the new revamped Match show today, starring presenter and ex-player Scott Minto plus guest Jason Euell.

C'MON YOU ADDICKS!

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Bowyer just said Akin Famewo is injured again with an ankle injury.

Albie has been put in isolation too.

Maddison to start
  • Options
    What's the catch
  • Options
    I have 0 confidence in that first 11
  • Options
    Lee Bowyer's Red and White Army
  • Options
    Famewo injured in training, it must be based on the SAS
  • Options
    We have a 68 year old centre back pairing.

Let's hope they don't need their zimmer frames.  :smile:
  • Options
    Just bought the stream, apologies in advance everybodypeeps...
  • Options
    Got a bad feeling about this one. I usually get these things wrong though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Disappointed Famewo is out again. I really pray this is a 4-3-3 not a diamond though. Washington and Bogle as a front two doesn't work for me. There's at least a bit more balance in the midfield with Watson holding, JFC hopefully creating a bit and Gilbey going box to box but our midfield seems to struggle when we don't have three packed into the middle. Our width seriously suffers in the diamond due to the lack of pace in midfield so I'm hoping we've got Washington and Maddison on either wing. I feel like from Bowyer's comments though it's more likely to be two up front.
  • Options
    With Famewo out I can't say I'm massively confident. I do not really rate him at CB, but would have been nice to see Deji start to give us that balance.

If you're going to give anyone a free role why not give it to Williams? Maddison is so direct I can't see it changing the way he plays to be honest - would rather see Williams there being fluid and linking up play. 

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    We have a 68 year old centre back pairing.

Let's hope they don't need their zimmer frames.  :smile:
    Teams got an average age of 43
  • Options
    I definitely see it as a diamond.
  • Options
    Can’t believe Famewo is injured again. 

Surely this injury nightmare throughout the entire squad has to end soon.
  • Options
    Great coverage so far. Scotty just off to the toilet !!
  • Options
    I definitely see it as a diamond.
    Yeah me too, Pratley alongside Pearce

Watson at the base with Gilbey and Forster-Caskey "wide" and then Maddison up top

Good to see Oshilaja on the bench as well
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Is Morgan on the naughty step after his wild swing at the ball against the shrews or is he in isolation due to the pandemic ?
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    No confidence in that side at all sadly, today is going to be a long afternoon for those watching (though saying that they'll probably grind out a win now)
  • Options
    Can someone please put the team up for those of us not on twitter?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Bowyer "Maddison is going to get more of a free role"
    "Ah, thanks, Bow", says the Wimbledon manager who now knows to set up to nullify Maddison.

Son of Karl Robinson.  :neutral:

• Options
    Poor Akin... I think it best if the players train in zorbs! It has to be safer! It's almost beyond funny with our injuries! 
  • Options
    MattF said:
    No confidence in that side at all sadly, today is going to be a long afternoon for those watching (though saying that they'll probably grind out a win now)
    Dont care how they win to be honest...
  • Options
  • Options
    Is Morgan on the naughty step after his wild swing at the ball against the shrews or is in isolation due to the pandemic ?
    Covid in his house... How is a 20yr old pro footballer living at home still when he's got a proper contract?

I was renting a room in a house share at 17 with an apprentice salary 😂
  • Options
    Had a feeling Famewo would be out again. Feeling even less confident now. Come on Charlton surprise us all this afternoon.
  • Options
    3-1 win Gilbey, Maddison, Chuks.
    Glad to see Maddison in from the start today I would like to see him get a run of starts to try and get him firing. Imo he is mile ahead of William's as a starter
  • Options
    Injuries updated with Albie

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Having a week on the training ground and Famewo getting an injury is just mandatory for Cafc.
    I'm only surprised now, if we go a game or several days at Sparrows without picking up a knock.

I don't blame any of the medical staff. 

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!