Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summary Write-Up of Thomas Sandgaard Q&A

Comments

• Options
    👏
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Brilliant read, loads of good questions and good answer. The future is looking positive. 

• Options
    I feel quite positive after reading that. 
  • Options
    Good summary and thanks for posting it up so quickly.
  • Options
    I was one of those who 'attended' the meeting.
    The start made me laugh with Thomas playing his guitar in one box and the glum unimpressed faces of the Trust hierarchy in the other three boxes.
    I think his enthusiasm for his guitar is great but he overestimates the enthusiasm of the fans (not including myself) judging by the 3 we could see.
    I think it was a good illustration of the whole Thomas Sandgaard project. I've no doubt that he will achieve a lot and I love the energy he will give. However I think his enthusiasm and ambition will prove to outdo the achievement or at least the speed of those achievements. I voted 10-12 years to reach The Premier League and I consider even that optimistic. I think that he underestimates the difficulty of getting out of The Championship by a long way. 
    As fans we can enjoy the ride but expect the train to run more slowly than announced.
  • Options
    Excellent stuff. Those that attended asked poignant, engaging questions. Well done to those who were given the opportunity. You really have to pinch yourself regarding TS, what a man! 

• Options
    A very enjoyable 100 minutes with Thomas & the CAST trio.

We are really blessed to have him as our owner, he is truly a breath of fresh air 😁
  • Options
    Very good stuff.

But slow as not typed lived as it happened though :- )

I like the bit when he corrected himself and used the correct name for the away end.  He knows.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The start made me laugh with Thomas playing his guitar in one box and the glum unimpressed faces of the Trust hierarchy in the other three boxes.
    I think his enthusiasm for his guitar is great but he overestimates the enthusiasm of the fans (not including myself) judging by the 3 we could see.
    I think it was a good illustration of the whole Thomas Sandgaard project. I've no doubt that he will achieve a lot and I love the energy he will give. However I think his enthusiasm and ambition will prove to outdo the achievement or at least the speed of those achievements. I voted 10-12 years to reach The Premier League and I consider even that optimistic. I think that he underestimates the difficulty of getting out of The Championship by a long way. 
    As fans we can enjoy the ride but expect the train to run more slowly than announced.
    Hope to God you’re hopelessly wrong.....at almost 73 I have a distinct chance of not living that long!!!😥
  • Options
    Absolutely, it's not even easy to get out of League 1. It's fantastic to have an ambitious owner, just hope it doesn't lead to pressure on the manager/players because there's a lot of clubs out there unsuccessfully trying to get to the Premier League. 
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    The palace & Fulham quote at the end was a real LOL moment for me, well played TS
    Good point, also, far better than Loftus Rd. We really have underachieved, should be a fixed figure in London's top five.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    That's a very encouraging read
    Love the sense of humour
  • Options
    From the comments on Zoom, I think the fans enjoyed the guitar, it was just the grumpy chops CAST folk who didn't  :D

To be fair, I imagine they were stressed out at the time, that something would go wrong, that Zoom would freeze after 5 minutes etc...

The event was a great success, the technology worked, and being able to like/upvote questions meant that the most popular ones got asked, which was a fair way of doing it

In terms of the stadium, yes it's better than many comparable ones in London BUT Fulham are building a massive new stand, Palace have plans for a new main stand, Watford have plans etc I think we'll quickly reach a point in the next couple of years when we'll need/want to spend significant money at both the Valley and Sparrows Lane, something which won't make sense unless we own them.
  • Options
    From the comments on Zoom, I think the fans enjoyed the guitar, it was just the grumpy chops CAST folk who didn't  :D

To be fair, I imagine they were stressed out at the time, that something would go wrong, that Zoom would freeze after 5 minutes etc...

The event was a great success, the technology worked, and being able to like/upvote questions meant that the most popular ones got asked, which was a fair way of doing it

In terms of the stadium, yes it's better than many comparable ones in London BUT Fulham are building a massive new stand, Palace have plans for a new main stand, Watford have plans etc I think we'll quickly reach a point in the next couple of years when we'll need/want to spend significant money at both the Valley and Sparrows Lane, something which won't make sense unless we own them.
    Just remember, killerandflash.

In Thomas we trust.

End of.
  • Options
    Nice to be a normal club again after what seems like a lifetime..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That’s a great read
  • Options
    Top man. And good questions too. 
  • Options
    Great interview that,thanks to all involved...we deserve this man Charlton family,after all the crap we have had to endure,for as long as I can certainly remember...
  • Options
    ozaddick said:
    Excellent stuff. Those that attended asked poignant, engaging questions. Well done to those who were given the opportunity. You really have to pinch yourself regarding TS, what a man! 

I think you mean 'pertinent' rather than 'poignant' - nothing to be sad about... LLLABH !!!