Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SKY tv prices

My SKY tv price has just jumped from £45pm to £70 over the last two months. Must be out of contract. What deals are out there at the moment as £70 is too high for me.

Comments

• Options
    Got rid of Virgin a few months ago as we never watched it. Netflix/ Prime and youtube are our main viewing channels now. 

Im surprised virgin and sky tv are still surviving
  • Options
    Ring them up before you do anything. say you are looking around and they will make you an offer. 
  • Options
    You've probably had a black friday deal just expire. I know it's too late now but keep in mind next year Sky do 50% discounts even for existing customers.

I'd call them and say you're considering switching to an alternative company like BT or Virgin and if you can, tell Sky how much you can save by switching (if you have details of any offers elsewhere you've seen).

Chances are then Sky will give you an offer. If it's a minimal reduction tell them you're leaving and between then and when your contract expires they'll probably come back with a much better offer.
  • Options
    Would invest in decent broadband and an IPTV package, 40-50£ per year with an Amazon firestick. 
  • Options
    You've probably had a black friday deal just expire. I know it's too late now but keep in mind next year Sky do 50% discounts even for existing customers.

I'd call them and say you're considering switching to an alternative company like BT or Virgin and if you can, tell Sky how much you can save by switching (if you have details of any offers elsewhere you've seen).

Chances are then Sky will give you an offer. If it's a minimal reduction tell them you're leaving and between then and when your contract expires they'll probably come back with a much better offer.
    I have tried that with great success although recently less so with Virgin. My advice with Virgin is if you get a complete A**hole on the phone cut off and speak to somebody else. From experience about 30-40% of their staff understand customer service and the others don't. The downside is how long you have to wait to speak to somebody. This is something that has crept into our service industries. If you contact them to join, they answer the phone before you have finished dialling!

When this lockdown is over, I am going to change. I just don't want workmen in my house at the moment.

• Options
    edited December 2020
    redman said:
    Ring them up before you do anything. say you are looking around and they will make you an offer. 
    Then when they make you an offer tell them you have a better quote and ask to speak to somebody about closing your account.

They will put you through to somebody else who will almost certainly give you a better offer to try and retain you.
  • Options
    My SKY tv price has just jumped from £45pm to £70 over the last two months. Must be out of contract. What deals are out there at the moment as £70 is too high for me.
    Whats included in that £70?
  • Options
    Sky tv , sports , cinema ,bt sports.£70 
    I can take off bt sports -£25
    And cinema -£10 whenever i want
    So tv and sky sports £35 if i wish.
    Internet i have with virgin.
  • Options

Might be worth having a chat with @Big_Bad_World mate.

I know it's not for everyone but I got my IPTV service through him. All the channels for £50 per year. Had it almost 2 months now and I've watched SkySports, Charlton games and several boxing PPV's on it. There has been the odd 5min downtime but other than that, can't fault it really.

I’ve just messaged him is he local 👍
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    redman said:
    Then when they make you an offer tell them you have a better quote and ask to speak to somebody about closing your account.

They will put you through to somebody else who will almost certainly give you a better offer to try and retain you.
    Sounds ok, but going on personal experience that "better offer" usually involves
    an extended contract, or losing some channels, they will always try and dress it
    up into something it ain't.
    Always best to have a plan B set up, so just be prepared to tell em to sod off, as
    what they offer is always a compromise on your part in the end.
  • Options
    I am getting all the Sky Sports via t'internet for £20 a month for the next six months via Now TV. 
  • Options
    cazo said:

Might be worth having a chat with @Big_Bad_World mate.

I know it's not for everyone but I got my IPTV service through him. All the channels for £50 per year. Had it almost 2 months now and I've watched SkySports, Charlton games and several boxing PPV's on it. There has been the odd 5min downtime but other than that, can't fault it really.

I’ve just messaged him is he local 👍
    It’s all done remotely mate, drop him a PM. He’s helped me and plenty of other lifers.
  • Options
    Phone them up and say you can’t afford it and reluctantly you will need to cancel. You’ll soon get offered a deal.
  • Options
    I just checked and my last bill was £162.37.....I might need to do a review again

• Options
    Phone them up and say you can’t afford it and reluctantly you will need to cancel. You’ll soon get offered a deal.
    I tried that once. They offered me a second sky box free, when I said I didn't need one they said, "Okay, bye then..."  :D   
  • Options
    I was paying £120 for Sky Q multi room with every channel possible. called them up and they dropped it to £70 immediately.

definitely give them a bell
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    I just checked and my last bill was £162.37.....I might need to do a review again

When you do this have ready a list of things that they used to have and don't anymore - Champions League football, Big Bash cricket for sports, films and serials on Netflix etc etc, all of which you are now having to pay extra for. Even if you aren't! 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Can I be nosey and ask what your electricity bill is?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    redman said:

Then you tell them that it is very unlikely that you would consider staying with them.

Eventually, once you reach the chief exec they will offer to pay you, but hold out for a four figure sum.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    clb74 said:
    Swisdom said:

Can I be nosey and ask what your electricity bill is?
    Not a clue mate.  Wife is in charge of that.  I just work and chauffeur the kids around
    Sorry mate.
    Was just thinking about £162 bill you must have about 6 teles
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Whats included in that £70?
    Entertainment, Sports, box sets and HD.
  • Options
    I pay £92.50 with Virgin. Can only have cable due to problem siting satellite dish (mainly due to landlord). I'm one of those oddballs who mainly watches terrestrial tv & don't stream or watch box-sets, but have all the Sports & Movie channels. 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    I think our last bill with sky was about £99 a month, sky sports, BT sport (£25) and movies £8.50.

Internet not included, as we’re with Virgin which was £43 , but have just had to have the signal boosted with a Wi-fi extender, which all be another £3-4 a month.

And Clb  leccy plus gas is £240 a month direct debit, got if down from £260, we use a lot of gas units as have inherited when we moved in an old AGA cooker which cost a bleeding fortune to run!

Not sure I’d replace it they cost a mint!
  • Options
    I think our last bill with sky was about £99 a month, sky sports, BT sport (£25) and movies £8.50.

Internet not included, as we’re with Virgin which was £43 , but have just had to have the signal boosted with a Wi-fi extender, which all be another £3-4 a month.

And Clb  leccy plus gas is £240 a month direct debit, got if down from £260, we use a lot of gas units as have inherited when we moved in an old AGA cooker which cost a bleeding fortune to run!

You must have that cooker on 24hrs a day.
    Missed out on an aga cooker where we was working.
    The woman for a couple of weeks was just going to get rid of it.
    She topped up getting £325 for the AGA.
    We are due to move middle , end of January and the wife wants to get me one.
    I keep telling the wife not at them prices , definitely a no no now you've told me about the running costs
  • Options
    clb74 said:

I keep telling the wife not at them prices , definitely a no no now you've told me about the running costs
    Isn't that the point of an aga, that it is on 24 hrs a day?
    Mate has one and is always complaining about how expensive they are to run.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

How do I know I've not got one.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

I think that's just the coal fired ones, CE... :D