Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nathan Harness on loan to Welling

Best of luck to academy goalkeeper Nathan Harness, who has joined on loan until January 3rd. #cafc

Comments

• Hopefully he'll be able to help rein in all the goals they've been shipping.
  • For what it's worth I reckon he is going to make it in the pro game as a goalkeeper.
    Having watched him a few times I have not seen any significant regularly occouring weaknesses.
  • seth plum said:
    For what it's worth I reckon he is going to make it in the pro game as a goalkeeper.
    Having watched him a few times I have not seen any significant regularly occouring weaknesses.
    Do you think he's got a career with Charlton in the Pro game or do you think he'll have to go elsewhere what with Ashley Maynard-Brewer?
  • Right now we have three promising keepers behind Amos, and maybe four.
    Physically Harness puts me in mind of Pope, and in terms of assuredness he has a lot of quality.
    I think the loan out to Welling will aid his development.
  • Only 3 weeks loan is not much time to settle into a new club.

I guess he's been brought in for emergency cover for the Christmas/New Year period?

• Oggy Red said:
    Only 3 weeks loan is not much time to settle into a new club.

I guess he's been brought in for emergency cover for the Christmas/New Year period?

6 games (possibly 7) in those 3 weeks. Plenty of time to keep your hands warm 
  • I watched a few games last season standing next to his father.

I think his father was a goalkeeper and has passed on skills to his son.
  • shirty5 said:
    Oggy Red said:

Is it Welling have a keeper crisis and he's guaranteed to start?

I was thinking, Harness was only cover?

• Oggy Red said:
    shirty5 said:
    Oggy Red said:

He’s already played (on Tuesday) for them mate. Their keeper is injured.
  • Oggy Red said:

Particularly as he will have to get used to living so far away from home  ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2020
    Oggy Red said:
    shirty5 said:
    Oggy Red said:

He’s already played (on Tuesday) for them mate. Their keeper is injured.
    I didn't know that. Fair enough.
    I thought Harness had joined Welling today.