Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The First In-depth Interview with Wayne Mumford

2»

Comments

• Options
    Nice one @WeegieAddick...great interview,that was a brilliant read,looking like we are having a fantastic team being built off the footy pitch as well as the rebuild on it,the communication coming through from TS & from all management levels so far is so exciting in everyway,but yep as hard as it is,I’m still trying to not get carried away with it all,but it’s looking like Charlton Athletic & us long suffering fans can now start looking up rather than down,let’s all try embrace it & enjoy it...

Cmon U Addicks...!!!
  • Options
    Great interview, @Weegie Addick.  

It is such a breath of fresh air to feel owner & management will be as open with us fans as possible.  Doubtless there will be decisions which do not meet with universal approval, but at least I have growing confidence that the reasons will be thought through and explained.
  • Options
    Good interview.
    He mentioned the women’s team in passing there, but didn’t give much away.
    This is something I’ve been wondering about since the takeover and haven’t seen much talk on it - ie do TS and WM have any plans for the women’s team as we move forward? 
    I’d imagine, from the way Wayne speaks, that he sees value there, but I’d really like to see the women’s team make some progress and get back into the elite group of teams.
    Thomas himself touched on this when CAST had a meeting with him a few weeks ago:

The Women’s Team

Thomas was due to have a meeting recently with Stephen King and Steve Adamson regarding the future of the women’s team but it was postponed when his flight was cancelled at the last minute. He thinks it would be “a smart move to bring everything together” and also sees it as an opportunity to broaden the club’s outreach.

Full article -https://www.castrust.org/2020/10/sandgaard-im-surprised-the-club-isnt-more-of-a-mess/

Thanks for that Weegie. Hadn’t seen that. All sounds positive. 👍🏼
  • Options
    I used to love seeing Chinese tourists at the Valley in the Zheng Zhi days. 

When you look at the revenue a decent Chinese player will bring in, they look like very good value. And if they are decent, they will bring a lot to the team!
  • Options
    AndyG said: go
    Another interview that I read with emotions building the more I read. I just cannot believe how things have turned around in such a short space of time. Finally we have a club we can be proud of. Finally building bricks are being put into place that will ensure the club moves forward. These are really switched on people who are now involved and imo are not out for self advancement or ripping the club off. People say TS is over ambitious when he says premiership in 3 years ! Why not ? What has anyone seen so far in the championship that would frighten the squad we have at the moment ? That's a serious question ! How many teams in the championship would we not be competitive against ? There are a few transfer windows in the next 3 years why would anyone bet against us ? Time for some positivity folks get behind the plan ! I just cant wait for the first game back at the valley when we can all go, can you imagine the noise of all this relief and thanks outpouring from the stands
    In kinda agree with you, but your last sentence?

I don’t know if I’ve got anything left in the tank, I’m drained!

Maybe a piper playing valley Floyd road, as the players come out, will get the hairs on my lockdown haircut standing up!
  • Options
    Another interview that I read with emotions building the more I read. I just cannot believe how things have turned around in such a short space of time. Finally we have a club we can be proud of. Finally building bricks are being put into place that will ensure the club moves forward. These are really switched on people who are now involved and imo are not out for self advancement or ripping the club off. People say TS is over ambitious when he says premiership in 3 years ! Why not ? What has anyone seen so far in the championship that would frighten the squad we have at the moment ? That's a serious question ! How many teams in the championship would we not be competitive against ? There are a few transfer windows in the next 3 years why would anyone bet against us ? Time for some positivity folks get behind the plan ! I just cant wait for the first game back at the valley when we can all go, can you imagine the noise of all this relief and thanks outpouring from the stands

Maybe a piper playing valley Floyd road, as the players come out, will get the hairs on my lockdown haircut standing up!
    I'm sure you will find the energy mate. I would be amazed if it isnt a full house and totally rocking
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    AndyG said:

I'm sure you will find the energy mate. I would be amazed if it isnt a full house and totally rocking
    & we'll lose  :)
  • Options
    agree with everything said - a great interview and Wayne seems to be another great addition by TS - we had a shot at reaching our potential in the 30's, 40's and 50's and another go in the 90's and 00's - just have a feeling that what TS is putting in place here may just be able to take us a step further - those previous era's were great but looking back there is definitely a case of 'what if' with both so maybe TS can wring every last drop of potential out of us this time. 
  • Options
    Lack of experience clearly shown by no mention of the undoubted need to sweat the asset.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What an interesting interview. 

Very well written too. 
  • Options
    Excellent interview. Seems Thomas has recruited well there. Well done Heather.