Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Gillingham v Charlton | Saturday 21st November 2020.

Comments

• Options
    Why isn't Maddison taking the pens?
  • Options
    Great save from the penalty, but as soon as Bogle gave it to Washington after being told to, I knew he wasn’t going to score. Happens so often.

Obviously Washington is the taker, but you can understand Bogle’s frustration, he also just wants to score his first goal for the club.
  • Options
    Your main striker should always take penalties. Washington is our main scorer.

His walk up was too fast !
  • Options
    42' 0-0 Oliver wins a free-kick on the far side. Graham will take it. Medley, Tucker and Ogilvie all forward. Jackson and McKenzie stay behind the ball. #Gills
  • Options
    Only thing I would say Bogle needs a goal and I'm guessing a penalty will be his best shout.
     Open play. Never!
  • Options
    44' Samuel fires off target from long range for Gillingham. #gills 0 #cafc 0
  • Options
    Not a bad penalty, if the designated penalty taker is on the pitch then they take the penalty, this isn't like at Sunderland where they let the £4 million Grigg take a penalty so he actually scores a goal
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Johnnie Jackson shouting at Bogle to give Washington the ball. Poor Omar. And it's saved. 
    It was the right call though... Washington scored the last one we had
    I said on the Fleetwood thread (and got lambasted for it) that Washington didnt look comfortable taking it & was lucky to score that one. No surprise he missed - although the keeper dud save it so you have to give him some credit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    When a player scores 20 goals  a season and people say yeah but how many of those were penalties. 
    So what.
    A good penalty taker is priceless. 
    Bring back Lyle Tayor!
    Ooh controversial!
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    Not really sure people can blame Bogle for someone else missing a penalty ffs. Just using him as a scapegoat 
    Nobody’s blaming anybody. It was a decent penalty and a fantastic save. The only issue is the striker making it more difficult because he wants a goal for himself, he’ll get a telling off at half time and know not to do it again
  • Options
    43' 0-0 Ogilvie goes for it, Charlton ultimately do enough to clear. In a second phase of play, Samuel tries his luck from distance and sends a well struck effort a yard or so wide of the left post. #Gills
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Why isn't Maddison taking the pens?
    Why not put him on goal kicks as well..... 
  • Options
    1. 43'

Post update

Foul by Albie Morgan (Charlton Athletic).

2. 43'

Post update

Vadaine Oliver (Gillingham) wins a free kick on the left wing.

• Options
    When was the last time we had a decent penalty taker?
    Yoni Buyens
    Last season..
  • Options
    45+1 Two minutes added... #gills 0 #cafc 0
  • Options
    "Bogle’s frustration, he also just wants to score his first goal for the club." .......for the club or for himself?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not doing enough to win this game. Apart from the penalty, Gillingham have made more real chances, although our long shots have been good.
    Too often the ball is stuck at the back with Pratley and no obvious out ball.
  • Options
    Fuck sake that was just bad all around. 

Was never a penalty, and it was never going in the moment Jackson shouted at Bogle not to take it. 
    What utter drivel. So its JJ’s fault?
    What are you talking about mate. When did I say it was JJs fault at all? 

That comment is utter drivel. 
    ‘It was never going in the moment Jackson shouted at Bogle not to take it’ 
    I don’t understand this at all? 
  • Options
    Disappointing tbh
  • Options
    HT 0-0
  • Options
    Washington is our penalty taker, why would Bogle think he should take it? Stupid from him
  • Options
    This has been far too even for the quality of that Gillingham side
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!