Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Music Radio (rather than talk)

2»

Comments

• Options
    another vote for Planet Rock, a good second is Absolute Radio, both on D A B
    I give them a try now and again but they do seem to have their own play lists of about dozen artists. 

Spotify for me now at wand on the train. Although they don’t do anything approaching cd quality so pretty pointless playing through decent audio.
  • Options
    Jazz FM is great (if you like jazz).   They do talk a fair bit though unfortunately.  

It had to happen...
    Who else rapidly scrolled through the thread to see if someone had already got there first?
  • Options
    Radio 6 with Lauren Laverne
  • Options
    I've recently downloaded a USA Radio app. I always liked the rock radio in particular in the US, especially when driving. So far really pleased; plenty of ad free stations playing classic and more modern rock music plus every genre you might want. I used it in the car via bluetooth today and apart from when the phone received a message it was great. It helps that I have unlimited phone data of course!

I also have a UK radio app and I've never tried radio 6. I'll give it a go sometime.

• Options
    clive said:
    A new radio station [Boom] launches today featuring music from the 50's, 60's & 70's, the official launch is today at 10.00 am , dj's/presenters include Graham Dene, David Hamilton & Nicky Horne.
    https://www.boomradiouk.com/
    Dave "Diddy" Hamilton and "Little" Nicky Horne.
  • Options
    Greatest Hits radio, 70's, 80's and 90's. Much better that today's tosh :)
  • Options
    Dave diddy Hamilton. Had forgotten about him, what a little, in every sense of the word, he was. Remember him on  radio 1 slagging punk music.
  • Options
    Spotify for me, haven't listened to the radio since you could get Spotify and other streaming music apps in cars
  • Options
    I've recently downloaded a USA Radio app. I always liked the rock radio in particular in the US, especially when driving. So far really pleased; plenty of ad free stations playing classic and more modern rock music plus every genre you might want. I used it in the car via bluetooth today and apart from when the phone received a message it was great. It helps that I have unlimited phone data of course!

I also have a UK radio app and I've never tried radio 6. I'll give it a go sometime.

What is the app called?
  • Options
    Only really listen to radio in my car.
    For the last year or 2 have been tuned into ‘the soul of London’ radio.
    Not the most professional set up and reception can be a bit in and out but Clive Brady plays a lot of stuff I like, some I’d forgotten and some stuff from the early 80s that I am hearing for the first time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I got into Boogalooradio.com listening to Andy Croft’s show, but there’s a great mix of shows and presenters. Named after The Boogaloo pub and broadcast from there on the Archway Road.

I do like Absolute and also finding new stuff on their Absolute 20s station. 
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/pogue/status/1361010771430412292?s=21

Try this...every green dot is a radio station. Anywhere in the world. Just tap and you can try any station there is. Love it. 
  • Options
    Mrkinski said:

What is the app called?

It's called Radio USA. It's on Google Play store and I think available for IOS as well.
  • Options
    After years of trial and error I came to the conclusion that what I love about good radio is the element of surprise.
    I remember years ago collecting all my favourite music onto an mp3 player and then being amazed at how quickly I got bored with it. And yet these very same songs, when appearing out of the blue at a random radio station would cause me so much excitement..

So nowdays I listen mainly to obscure low budget community  radio stations - usually run by pensioners who plays whatever is in the pile in front of them. And the pile is made out whatever leftovers record shops wanted to get reed of. And so you are likely to get prince following Julie Andrews. You see, I'm a Bach tragic, but Bach sounds best after AcDc...
  • Options
    Simon Mayo will be the drivetime host on Greatest Hits Radio from today at 16.00.
    https://radiotoday.co.uk/2021/02/simon-mayo-to-host-drive-on-greatest-hits-radio/