Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

5 subs in EFL?

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Fwiw, I don’t think it improves football as a decision and would rather they stuck to 3 with the concussion sub, BUT to me this presents a huge opportunity to us as a club.

When this was the case during lockdown, some teams adapted much better to it than others. Barnsley and Valerien Ismael were the prime beneficiaries. They played hugely intense football but then the front 5 players all knew they were coming off after an hour and replaced with nearly an entirely new front line. This meant that they could really overpower teams towards the end of the games. 

I’d imagine in the way Garner likes to play, this will suit us as it means that we can press harder knowing there are a suitable amount of replacements that can be made.

It means that there will be an increasing role for ‘finishers’ such as Aneke in football.
  • Options
    Not keen on it myself but wouldn't be surprised to see it come in. Having said that we are probably better equiped than most in League One to deal with it.
  • Options
    Didn’t like it before but given it should suit us hopefully we’ll benefit. Should help our pressing game and give youngsters more opportunities.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I think a good coach will need to look for the opportunities in it. Indeed, it could allow a sustained high press replacing players as they tire. It is key the squad allows sufficient quality in the replacements though.