Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Supporters' Teams/CIFC

Sorting stuff donated to the museum by @Alex Wright and came across these.

A few lifers names I recognise and most likely others I don't.

Comments

• Options
    Who was the poor sod that had to ref the Rangers Celtic match?
  • Options
    Those were the days!
  • Options
    Blimey, I have one of those BHF tournament programmes somewhere...  Incredible to think that @Oakster and I organised that when we struggled to organise our own lives....raised several £000's for BHF too if I remember...  All after the tragic death of one of our players at the time from an undiagnosed heart condition.
  • Options
    @aliwibble - that was me.. They were fine (from what I remember...)
  • Options
    Enjoyed some of those descriptions, Martin Cheeseman in particular! 
  • Options
    Great days, immense fun.

Some funny games and even funnier nights out. 
  • Options
    Great days, immense fun.

Some funny games and even funnier nights out. 
    You had nights out !!!!!!
  • Options
    Mate, I’m still laughing at the disappearing hanky trick on a Leeds dance floor lol

Brilliant memories, some legendary trips
  • Options
    Mate, I’m still laughing at the disappearing hanky trick on a Leeds dance floor lol

Brilliant memories, some legendary trips
    OOOh yea .... seems so long ago .... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

There is a second page of pen pictures. I played in this tournament and was angry I wasn’t listed. After sorting through years of accumulated Charlton related memorabilia I found the programme and page 2 and order has been restored. I actually played as a ringer in one game for Manchester City and duly notched a sublime hat trick against Palace - unfortunately 2 were given as off side by the clearly blind linesman. Still 1 was enough to earn the win

• Options
    Looks like a printer error, all those listed under Scarfman were Palace
  • Options
    Blimey, I have one of those BHF tournament programmes somewhere...  Incredible to think that @Oakster and I organised that when we struggled to organise our own lives....raised several £000's for BHF too if I remember...  All after the tragic death of one of our players at the time from an undiagnosed heart condition.
    Before the onset of kids mate, christ knows how we did it given the social scene back then - a great few years, the football was an afterthought (Ayr was my favourite trip)
  • Options
    Ayr was legend. All the Leeds weekends were mega but that weekend was unbeatable. I look back and feel blessed to have experienced the trips we did with such a great bunch. 
  • Options
     @ricky_otto

You only had to ask and I'd have taken a picture of that page for you.

Now, that memorabilia you mentioned.......
  • Options
    Ayr was legend. All the Leeds weekends were mega but that weekend was unbeatable. I look back and feel blessed to have experienced the trips we did with such a great bunch. 

One of the best memories for me was the entire travelling party getting pissed while we waited for the snow to clear and the plane to be de-iced, whilst mercilessly playing on your fear of flying.

That and Kevin Everest's "special" haircut which he unveiled in some dodgy club on the first night!
  • Options

One of the best memories for me was the entire travelling party getting pissed while we waited for the snow to clear and the plane to be de-iced, whilst mercilessly playing on your fear of flying.

That and Kevin Everest's "special" haircut which he unveiled in some dodgy club on the first night!
    That was cruel but it was fun persuading afka that we'd be safe if we took our own bomb on board as the chances of there being 2 bombs was tiny
  • Options
    Then we were all made to get off the plane to identify our bags but Rhino (I think it was Rhino) was too drunk to figure out what was going on and had to watch out the window as they took his bag away to be destroyed