Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

R.I.P Ray Clemence

Comments

• Options
    Very sad news, he always seemed to play a blinder against us for Tottenham...it took three goes to get a bloody penalty past him at WHL for gawds sake. In the days when most top flight clubs had a decent keeper, him and Shilton always stood out. 

RIP
  • Options
    My age (72 yesterday)
    Would walk into this present England team.
  • Options
    RIP Ray. Great 'keeper and a gentleman by all accounts.

Christ, where has the last 50 years gone?
  • Options
    RIP didn’t expect that
  • Options
    RIP Ray Clements
  • Options
    A keeper that could keep a Shilton at his prime out of the England side. Nuff said. R.I.P.
  • Options
    RIP. As a kid I preferred him over Shilton if only because he was part of that great Liverpool side everyone admired at the time. Loved that yellow Admiral England top
    I hated them.

RIP Ray
  • Options
    Sad news indeed. RIP Ray 
  • Options
    Great keeper. RIP
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Very sad to hear this news and others have said a truly world class keeper who had the misfortune to be sharing England keeping duties with Shilton for much of career. RIP Ray. 

Another, horrible, reminder to get ourselves checked out as soon as we feel somethings not 100% right. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What sad news. RIP Ray.  
  • Options
    Quite a shock. RIP.
  • Options
    Sad to hear, RIP Ray
  • Options
    Absolutely gutted by this.
    2020 can feck right off.

RIP Mr Clemence and thank you for being not only a great keeper but also a gentleman ❤️
  • Options
    RIP.  Far too many footballers dying now who I used to watch in games in the flesh.  Starting to make me feel old.  Great servant to the game
  • Options
    Sad day. 
  • Options
    RIP Ray.
  • Options
    Rip 

Remember the banter with Ronnie Moore in the 1985 Cup replay against Spurs . Was that his only professional appearance at the Valley? 

After the reluctance of our players to take the penalty at White Hart Lane Clem said to Ronnie 'Whose got the bottle to take this one '.

Ronnie replied 'I have ' and quickly took the penalty whilst the former England keeper walked back to his line  

Fortunately Ronnie also scored legally a few moments later. 
  • Options
    A very capable goalkeeper and,with Peter Shilton,England had the two best in the world. Sad to hear of his passing.Rest in Peace.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gutted.  Best keeper I've seen first hand in a Spurs jersey.

Was told 2 months ago he was struggling and had limited time left by a friend close to the 80s old boys.  Know that Glenn Hoddle, Ossie and Paul Miller all went to see him yesterday.

Was expected but still always a shock.

Tottenham legend.

RIP Clem x
  • Options
    RIP Ray...Great keeper
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Terrible shame RIP
  • Options
    Sad news,

RIP Ray
  • Options
    An ever present for 6 years at Liverpool and only missed 6 games in 11 years. Unbelievable. Very sad day. RIP.
  • Options
    Really sad news
    RIP Ray 
  • Options
    Top keeper.

RIP Ray
  • Options
    Boyhood idol.  I recall the 1985 FA cup tie at White Hart Lane ... I think it was close to the end of game ... one of our players shot and I thought certain goal .... but a diving Clemence sprang left and saved it .... still etched in my mind.  Can anyone name who played that day?  RIP.