Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CASC POTY 1991/1992 did you go?

Having a turf out and came across this.  Did anyone else go?

Comments

• Options
    Lovely bit of design.

Did it on my Apple Mac 2
  • Options
    Lovely bit of design.

Did it on my Apple Mac 2
    And another of your family printed them if i remember correctly.
  • Options
    Lovely bit of design.

Did it on my Apple Mac 2
    And another of your family printed them if i remember correctly.
    Indeed, more cronyism than Dominic Cummings
  • Options
    I was there, went straight after the Leicester game at Upton Park. 
  • Options
    How many seasons did we do it at the Meridian? I went once as a young teen, my mum dropped me off.
  • Options
    I definitely went to one there 
  • Options
    Do people still call a disco a disco?

Not heard it in years, but been Frenchsde for 11
  • Options
    Think I was there. Fairly sure it switched the year after to the Woolwich Waterfront 
  • Options
    I went and seem to remember that afterwards it was the one and only time the presentation to the winner  (Simon Webster) appeared on the video for the goals of the season. Steve Clarke did the honours as M C
  • Options
    Wasn’t this the night that someone attacked Rick Everett outside?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Never ever heard of that ...
    Wtf for , not getting us back to The Valley quick enough
  • Options
    Not sure mate but seem to remember people saying he’d been hit.
  • Options
    Yep, I went along to this. 
  • Options
    If only we had a trophy from the night
  • Options
    I think Gelan Swift nutted him.
  • Options
    Not sure how many I went to but I remember one year at meridian Antony Barness won young player and at the end of the night he was absolutely shitfaced walking around clutching his trophy.

• Options
    Not sure how many I went to but I remember one year at meridian Antony Barness won young player and at the end of the night he was absolutely shitfaced walking around clutching his trophy.

I bumped into him in the Breeze Bar in Bexleyheath one NYE about 20 years ago. 

He was chatting up a girl who was with us and was off his tits. Nice bloke though 
  • Options
    I went to one POTY at The Meridian, not sure if it was 91-92. I’ve got some photos & if I can find them I’ll post some 
  • Options
    One that really stands out was at The Trafalgar in Greenwich. Think something happened to Millwall that weekend ....
  • Options
    This was the first player of the year awards I went too
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Went every year from about 91/92 until they turned it into a sanitised sit down meal at an inflated price. Went one and wasn't  really for me and think I’ve been to just one since (Katrien dolled up like Hollywood star with her team of bodyguards around her).
  • Options
    I think Gelan Swift is a nutter.

• Options
    90/91 - The Valley Club
    91/92 & 92/93 - Meridian 
    93/94 - Waterfront
    94/95 - Old Woolwich Baths
    95/96 - Trafalgar Tavern
    96/97 - Portacabins- The Valley
    97/98 - Tempoary Millinenium Suite (1st time as a sit down meal, format not changed since)
  • Options
    Went every year from about 91/92 until they turned it into a sanitised sit down meal at an inflated price. Went one and wasn't  really for me and think I’ve been to just one since (Katrien dolled up like Hollywood star with her team of bodyguards around her).
    Was that to stop you trying to pull her? :p
  • Options
    Bet he had that filled very quickly :smile:
  • Options
    I think your right Jason . Walshie does like a drink
  • Options
    I think your right Jason . Walshie does like a drink
    As a young boy, I used to sneak up the fire exit to get in to the players lounge at Selhurst.
    I remember one occasion banging to be let in, I was greeted by a grumpy and very inebriated Walshy.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    90/91 - The Valley Club
    91/92 & 92/93 - Meridian 
    93/94 - Waterfront
    94/95 - Old Woolwich Baths
    95/96 - Trafalgar Tavern
    96/97 - Portacabins- The Valley
    97/98 - Tempoary Millinenium Suite (1st time as a sit down meal, format not changed since)
    Is that from memory? I helped in much of the organisation of these and couldn't have given you all the venues let alone the dates.

I remember that during this period CASC juggled with the balance of keeping the event accessible and the players and staff comfortable. I think there was a potential danger of loosing the support of the club if it was too much of a piss up. I'm not aware of them saying anything but just occasionally picked up on the discomfort on the night.

Although, I really don't want to sit down with a player at a table (pretty sure that he wouldn't want to sit with me either) I do believe that the sit down meal format was and is the way forward. I've not made one for a few years, I'm sure the next one/s will be joyous and well organised events with the new regime. 
  • Options
    I think I was. But you know what they say, if you can remember the POTY, you probably weren't there...