Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Surviving R.Kelly.

Just finished watching this on Netflix, anyone else seen it?

The Doc is purely from the survivors perspective with very little from the man himself, other than to deny it.

if true, then seems incredulous that he hasn’t been arrested.

Interesting in the #muter.kelly movement Spotify-presumably USA- said they were removing him from their playlists.

I wondered if Spotify UK had done the same and googled this morning and they haven’t. I emailed them to ask why not, haven’t had a reply.

Comments

• Options
    Not sure if this is a “whoosh” but the documentary is about 2 years old and he definitely has been arrested.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Not sure if this is a “whoosh” but the documentary is about 2 years old and he definitely has been arrested.
    Ah, has he, shows how behind the times I am😾

Good to hear, it ended with two girls still hanging with him, presumably they’ve been reunited with their parents?
  • Options
    There's a second season coming isn't there? 
  • Options
    Yeah but Vibe and Ignition are fun though aren't they 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Carter said:
    Not sure if that’s a joke but it’s not my music, Man!

Bling not my fing.
  • Options
    First thing I do when I've watched the likes of making a murderer, surviving R kelly etc etc is get straight on Google to see where things are at now.

Seems you don't Silav! :-)
  • Options
    First thing I do when I've watched the likes of making a murderer, surviving R kelly etc etc is get straight on Google to see where things are at now.

Seems you don't Silav! :-)
    Good point, smart arse.
  • Options
    Carter said:

Bling not my fing.
    Kind of, I mean I like those songs and some other R Kelly ones. Its easier to delete the memory of repugnant nonces like Gary glitter because the musical memory was shit 

Thing is with R Kelly these stories have been around for about 15 years of him pissing on 14 year old girls and the music industry stuck by him and his tracks all still got played on the radio 

Dirty, dirty bastard is R Kelly 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There's a second season coming isn't there? 
    It’s already been out.
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Carter said:

Bling not my fing.
    Kind of, I mean I like those songs and some other R Kelly ones. Its easier to delete the memory of repugnant nonces like Gary glitter because the musical memory was shit 

Thing is with R Kelly these stories have been around for about 15 years of him pissing on 14 year old girls and the music industry stuck by him and his tracks all still got played on the radio 

Dirty, dirty bastard is R Kelly 

Same with uber nonce Michael Jackson.  I was in denial for years, even had a pop at some on here having a dig at him on the RIP thread years back.

Loved the bloke from the age of 8 and probably exerted more than a degree of cognitive dissonance in relation to the  many allegations.  The documentary that was aired last year was the nail in the coffin for me though after which I literally stood up and went and chucked all my albums and t-shirts etc of his in the bin.

Bloody shame as he made some amazing music and was a megastar talent and a constant throughout my early years music wise.  Really sad but just couldn't get past what was alleged and whilst I tend to err on the innocent til proved otherwise I think that it all seemed to point one way and that Jarvis Cocker called it right in the 1990s.

Sad in so many ways.

• Options
    Michael Jackson is the exact example of this. Like with decent footballers who get pissed and drive into people, the good ones get another chance 

I had him pegged when I was young enough to be of his taste,  it was also easier as I'm too young for off the wall and thriller to be influential albums and old enough to remember Bad and not be a massive fan of him and the way he was happy to be portrayed as a messiah. 

Never stopped me playing Billie Jean or Rock with you when I was DJing and told myself its quincy jones' music. Not only that but I seemed to be in the minority of people who thought he was a child bender and wasn't in a position to not play what Kelly from Chatham wants to hear on her 30th birthday 

Lost prophets are another nasty one, the lead singer is possibly among the most evil people in the world and I loved last train home. Can't listen to that now, which is unfair on the other band members who weren't nonces who will not get the financial legacy rewards of writing some good music 
  • Options
    Without defending him, it does seem to follow the trend that the abused-if true-become the abuser.
  • Options
    I’ve just seen this Louis Theroux thing about Jimmy Savile and I’m starting to wonder about him now...